𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

≈☆≈

crazy. that was all kaia could think for the last two weeks. she had busted herself into one routine: eat, sleep, film, reply to emails, go to the gym. and repeat.

oh, and by now she just knew. and she's not going to ignore that she dearly likes miles.

two weeks of just straight hard work, and an occasional drink. the cast hadn't had any gatherings for two weeks, it seems everyone had hit the midway slump of filming. but still, glen and kaia never missed a moment to catch some pictures on film.

as for her interactions with miles, it has lessened. she didn't make the effort to go out of her way to greet him and he hadn't either. he used to barge past everyone to say hi to kaia. now, it's not even that.

"kaia!" glen yelled from the kitchen. "we have to go to set in ten minutes."

kaia huffed from her bed. she would sell her soul to just lay in bed all day and read a book. kaia put on her sweater, and headed downstairs to meet glen in the kitchen.

glen was supportive throughout all of this, but encouraged kaia to loosen up. he convinced her to pursue chris. and right now, it didn't sound so bad to kaia.

"are you ready?" glen asked with a soft smile, to which kaia nodded.

the drive was silent, but not completely as glen softly played "softly by clairo"

but am i blind?
all the sweet nothings,
falling in love over night..

kaia hummed along, she loved clairo, but the lyrics were hitting a little too close to home right now.

didn't mean to get so close
and i know that i should probably go
but i got this feeling

"glen, i don't think i should be feeling this way for him," sighed kaia, looking down at her hands.

glens heart ached, hearing that from his best friend hurt his soul. he lightly chuckled though, "i could've told you that a long time ago."

kaia shot him a death glare.

"okay, okay," glen defended. "to be honest, i see why you started to feel this way. he did treat you differently."

did. everything was in past tense.

clairo was still playing in the background, glen started humming along too. he didn't want to admit it, but he loved clairo.

know that it isn't right
but you can be my one and only

"alright, no mopey kaia today," glen looked over at the girl after he parked. "i want crazy kaia back."

they both laughed and walked into the set. more flying scenes. yay!

"so, who is ready to puke today?" tarzan yelled out, pointedly out to glen. glen rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"oh, come on," glen laughed. "i'm not going to be deemed as the puker."

the group laughed, but was interrupted by the makeup assistants knocking on the door. kaia opened it.

"hello, everyone! joseph wanted me to pass along that flying today will be light, with that we don't need to do heavy makeup. so in about ten minutes, i want everyone in the makeup trailer."

everyone agreed and nodded.

monica walked up to kaia, after she closed the door.