𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

≈☆≈

kaia welcomed tom into their house for breakfast the next morning while glen was out with his family. she had a date with chris later on and wouldn't see glen until she comes back from that

"welcome to the beach house, tom" laughed kaia as she walked to the dining table which was line duo with breakfast food, fruits and drinks.

"this is great, kaia," tom said.

"let's eat first, then you can pester me on a full stomach," she laughed.

after exchanging a few funny stories over their food. tom dove straight into the topic he wanted to talk about with kaia yesterday.

"so, you already know i saw your reaction to miles' engagement," tom said as kaia nodded. "well, i don't support it either."

kaia dropped her fork on the plate, making a clattering sound.

"wait, what?" kaia questioned. "i swear it seemed that you were supportive."

"remember, hon. i'm an actor," he smiled.

"well, why don't you support it then? i mean, i have my own reasons, but you?"

tom sighed before he carried on.

"well, as you know, we didn't have you two knowing that you guys were love interests. and the reason for this is because keleigh called me behind miles' back and made sure that his character wasn't involved in any relationships," tom said.

"what the fuck..." kaia muttered.

"yeah, and she complained about it and we were having none of it. i told joseph that this relationship is key to the story, so we need it. apparently when miles got the blacked out script like yours, she freaked and called again."

"did she threaten you?" kaia asked.

"no, i actually threatened her," tom laughed loudly, making kaia laugh. "i told her she has no control of the production of this, and if she got in the middle of this process, i would call my lawyer and sort her out."

kaia snorted, this was pure gold.

"but. kaia, i want you to know that i see things. i see the way he looks at you and i see the way you look at him," he said putting a hand over kaia's. "it's not just when you're underneath the lights in front of the camera. it's real, i can see it. i just hope miles comes to his senses too because i can see him losing his mind."

yeah, i hope he comes to his senses too.

• • •

"kaia, you look absolutely lovely," chris smiled as he twirled kaia around. "ready to go?"

kaia nodded with a smile. she had finished a full day of filming and chris had offered to have dinner at a late night bar restaurant.

truthfully, kaia had turned away any thoughts about a certain engaged man. and she started to go to pursue a man who was genuinely interested.

"so," kaia started. "you told me your brother recently got a role?"

chris beamed, as he and kaia walked hand in hand to the restaurant from the parking lot.

"yeah! it's actually a movie revolving around barbie," he said with a smile.