#1 - The Start

Junhee sat in a cozy little cafe, surrounded by his best friends and bandmates, Lee Donghun, Kim Sehyoon, Kim Byeongkwan, and Kang Yuchan. Savoring his strawberry milkshake, Junhee absorbed the ongoing debate between Byeongkwan and Chan about the previous rehearsal. Byeongkwan argued that the youngest member was too slow for the song's tempo, while Chan contended that the shortest one was too fast.

       As the leader, Junhee chose not to intervene in these disputes between the two youngest members. He believed that constant interference would hinder their ability to independently resolve conflicts. Consequently, the two eldest members refrained from intervening as well, they entrusted Junhee to make decisions and rarely questioned his authority. On the rare occasions when they did voice concerns, they engaged in mature conversations without resorting to yelling.

       When the two members started yelling and hurling insults, Junhee recognized the importance of putting an end to the argument. Although he would rather remain seated, he understands that causing a disturbance in the public space and resorting to insults is both unnecessary. Junhee attempts to remind the members of their shared membership in the team, emphasizing the importance of discussing their previous rehearsal while respecting each other's boundaries and the environment they are in.

       "But he insists on denying that he was too slow! How can I be on a team with someone who won't acknowledge my feedback? He's so stubborn..." Byeongkwan complained to Junhee, expressing his frustration about Chan.

       "I deny it? You're the one who was too fast! How can I be in a band with you if you won't believe me?" Yuchan retorted, his own dissatisfaction evident.

       "Hey, hey, hey... Let's all calm down," Junhee interjected, realizing that the argument needed to be resolved. "What if we settle this by going back to the practice room and playing the song again. That way, we can all identify our weaknesses and figure out who might be too slow or too fast, alright?" The two older members nodded in agreement, while the two younger ones begrudgingly consented, their moods somewhat sullen.

       Leaving the cafe after paying for their drinks, the five boys headed back to the practice room, which was conveniently only two blocks away, easily reachable by foot. Junhee, lost in his own thoughts, worried about finding the solution for the future problem that might arise once the youngest members find out who was right after all, took the lead, but failed to notice all of his members stopping by a crosswalk, apprehensive about the approaching car that seemed to be too fast for their liking.

       After realizing his mates had stopped, Junhee attempted to react, but it was too late to either backtrack or continue walking. In the blink of an eye, a sharp pain radiated from his hip as the car hit him, causing him to be launched through the air by the force of the impact.

...

       "What... Where am I? What is this place?" Junhee questioned, his voice echoing in the dark void that enveloped him. As he gradually opened his eyes, he discovered himself suspended in a strange, ethereal realm. There were no discernible walls or floor, yet he remained upright, seemingly floating in the vast emptiness.

       A mysterious and low-toned voice reverberated through the space, capturing Junhee's attention. It was a voice that seemed to emanate from the very essence of the enigmatic realm. Its presence sent chills down his spine, yet also filled him with an inexplicable sense of intrigue and curiosity.

       Junhee's heart skipped a beat as the voice retorted, its words dripping with a chilling delight. "Ah, this place? Consider it your personal realm of torment, crafted from the depths of your worst nightmares," it sneered, its twisted pleasure evident even in its intonation. Though invisible, Junhee could almost sense a sinister grin lurking behind the voice, as if taking delight in his unease.

       "Within these walls, shadows writhe and dance, their elusive forms teasing the edges of your consciousness. They conceal secrets and revelations alike, awaiting your discerning eye and courageous spirit. This space, veiled in mystique, is a crucible of introspection, designed to test the limits of your resolve and unravel the tangled threads of your psyche." Such words had made Junhee's skin crawl, knowing he was not ready to find out what lay ahead.

       "In this realm, you will encounter your darkest nightmares, manifesting in both physical and emotional forms," echoed the mysterious voice, its tone filled with an ominous warning. "There is no way to escape this trial but to face it head-on until its completion. May luck be on your side, for you will undoubtedly need it."

       The words hung in the air, sending a shiver down Junhee's spine. With trepidation coursing through his veins, he steeled himself for the daunting challenges that lay ahead. Little did he know that this surreal journey would test not only his physical prowess but also his innermost fears and vulnerabilities. As he took a deep breath, Junhee ventured forward, determined to confront the nightmares that awaited him in this enigmatic realm.

845 words...

Well, this is it, the first chapter.

It's my first time actually writing a fanfic that isn't just a silly goofy one-shot, written in the 1st person. This one actually took me some time to write because I had so many ideas for this chapyter that I had to stop writing it to go write down the ideas lmao.

I hope you end up liking it as much as i do <3

see you guys next week :)