0: Villain

"The things you said were rude."

"Why are you judging her by her appearance?"

"Yeoryeong and Dan-I have been friends since they were little"

"Apologize to her Baek Yeomin."

"Apologize, Baek Yeomin"

"..."

"...Sorry. I said too much."

The scene replayed again and again in her head. The pain she felt at being snubbed, her harsh words, Eunhyung's stare, the looks of her classmates as they chose Ban Yeoryeong and Ham Dan-I over her because of course they would―

Hands clenched tighter around her backpack as she walked back to her empty home.

Of course, they would side with her. Of course. Who wouldn't when she's so much smarter, so much prettier, so much kinder

A beautiful face scrunched up in hurt and betrayal as she ran out of the apartment.

"...have been friends since they were little"

'And you tried to split them apart.'

Guilt bubbled through the surface of resentment. She looked down at her shoes. Then, her teeth clenched and she continued down the path with harshness in her step.

Why should she feel guilty? Ban Yeoryeong probably had it so much easier. She's pretty, naturally smart, talented, and has friends handed to her on a silver platter. And Ham Dan-I―

Ham Dan-I grabbed her hand with so much enthusiasm that it almost made her recoil. Like she was actually excited―actually glad to be her friend.

It's not like what she said wasn't true.

Ham Dan-I really is annoying.

Dan-I leaned over to show her a photo, and she stifled her laughter while looking at it. She couldn't remember laughing this easily around Yura.

She's just like the rest. They always like Yeoryeong better.

She even follows her around like a maid...

She looked on as Dan-I and Yeoryeong smiled at each other, happy as can be, the tension between them finally dismissed. The smile on Dan-I's face was a sharp contrast to the uncomfortable look she held when passing by Yeoryeong before. A sharp contrast to the look she held when she defended Yeoryeong and ended their friendship. Pursing her lips, she looked away from the display.

Her throat felt heavy and a swell of jealousy and shame ate away at her gut.

...Hyang Dan-I...

...

Stopping on the sidewalk, she put her head down as she felt her eyes well up with tears.

'Ahh, I hate this.'

Through blurry eyes, she sees her house in the distance. She didn't want to go home. She didn't want to go to another place where she didn't matter to anyone.

Turning around, she starts running down the street. There was no destination in mind. She couldn't stand still feeling this, thisthis disgust towards everything. Towards her classmates. Towards her damn empty house. Towards herself.

'Why does this always happen to me?'

Streets and houses flew by.

'Why do I have to ruin everything?'

She stepped off the sidewalk.

'Why do I always have to be the villain?'

HONK―

A horn blared, and with a crack, a middle schooler's head hits the pavement.

――――――――――

AN: Entire fic is inspired by my unhealthy addiction to the reincarnated villainess trope as well as Chapter 89 of the manhwa

Me not seeing any fics of the OG characters reincarnating or becoming aware in some way

Me: Fine, I'll do it myself