1: Dissociation

"This isn't my uniform!" a brunette shouted towards her mom, who immediately refuted the statement. She looked at the uniform in disbelief. A pure white jacket, with a red ribbon, and a one-piece beige skirt.

A uniform that came straight out of a comic book or a novel.

――――――――――

Faces stared at her from above, blurry and unrecognisable. Vaguely, she recognized the sound of cars beeping and yelling, but the noises faded in and out from a loud, piercing ringing.

Ba-dum, Ba-dum. 'Are heartbeats supposed to be that loud?'

Pressure grew in patches in her head, on her leg, and all over her body. Her blurry vision swam, and for a second, she felt such a sharp spike of nausea that her entire body convulsed. Sirens came through distorted and distant.

She blinked.

――――――――――

'Such an unrealistic pretty girl is in front of me' the girl thought, staring into the purple eyes of the middle schooler. "Dan-ah, we're going to be late," the beautiful girl said with a close-eyed smile.

'Did I actually lose my memory? Or is someone messing with me?' the brunette asked herself, following the purple-haired stranger.

――――――――――

A truck beeped as the pressure in her leg lessened. Instantly, orange and black filled her vision, and she felt herself being lifted. White gloves pressed a plastic piece to her mouth, and cool air filled her throat. She couldn't make sense of any of the confusion before it all faded into a black void.

――――――――――

"Dae Dam Middle School! It's the school that I go to!" she insisted, moving away from the sparkling building.

"There's no school like that around here!" the beautiful girl said back.

――――――――――

'If a main character existed...It would definitely be Ban Yeoryeong and the four of them.' Avoiding the gloomy gaze of the purple-haired girl, the brunette stared at the unrealistically handsome group of guys.

Her seat partners continued gushing over them. "Can we call them the Four Heavenly Kings?"

She froze, her horrified expression going unnoticed. 'This is definitely a novel...something like this cannot be real.'

――――――――――