CHAPTER ONE

one ——— narrative

one ——— narrative

      "It's not even Sabrina's fault," was Olivia Rodrigo's first words as Harper Martinez opened her apartment door and hung her key on the wall, "I mean, sure, I pissed but not at her! I'm mad at Josh because he—he—"

"Betrayed you?" Harper finished the sentence and kicked her heels off. "Yeah, I just...I don't know how to feel, I've cried all night on the bathroom floor and contemplated...stuff." She replied, causing Harper's eyes to widened. "Olivia Isabel Rodrigo!" The older girl hissed, "Are you hearing yourself?"

Liv didn't reply and turned her head to look at something in her room, which to Harper dismay was Liv's mom telling her dinner was ready. "Okay," Olivia turned back to Harper and sighed, "I'll talk you later okay?"

"Okay, Livvy and please don't let this stupid boy get to you—-find something to distract yourself like write a song or something." Harper insisted before the call ended, she hoped Liv would take that into consideration before going to her bathroom and showering. Harper scrolled on social media for the majority of her time before getting some microwave Mac and Cheese and going to bed without speaking anymore to Olivia.

In the morning she was awoken by her phone going off and Olivia's contact on screen, Harper rubbed the sleep from her eyes and huffed before she placed the phone to her ear. "H—hello?" She asked sleepily. "Hey!" Olivia said in a overly cheerful voice, "Did I wake you?"

"No I was just getting up," Harper lied and checked the time——6:15 AM——wonderful.

"Oh okay, well I got some news," the girl said, Harper yawned and asked, "What?"

"I'm officially over Josh and I have decided to focus on my music more."

"That's great Livvy," Harper said, knowing full on well that everything coming from the actress was pure lies. "Yep, and I wrote song just like you said!" She replied, her voice cracking some more, Harper sighed feeling her heart ache for her costar and best friend. "Have you called Conan?" Harper asked.

"No," replied Liv.

"Alright give me like ten to fifteen minutes and I'll meet you guys at Nobu."

Olivia didn't say anything for a minute, Harper furrowed her eyebrows together. "O—"

"Yeah, see you in fifteen." Olivia said and ended the call.

     Olivia never showed up to the restaurant.

Not really a surprise to Harper, she didn't even understand why she would suggest this in the first place. Conan tried to make light of the situation, but both knew how much Olivia was hurt by Josh, despite the fact that they weren't dating—-Harper knew it stung——you give everything to a person you care so deeply for and they just...take until finally you can't give anymore, and when you're done giving, they're done with you.

With a sigh, Harper ordered her food anyway and enjoyed a quick lunch date with Conan as the two rarely saw each other.

"I'm sorry worried about Liv," Harper said, Conan nodded. "I tried calling her last night but she didn't answer." He replied.

"Did you guys start eating without me?"

The two turned and there stood Olivia, she was swallowed by an oversized black hoodie and sweatpants, despite the California sun baring down on them, the Filipino woman seemed unfazed.

"Liv—" Harper started as her best friend took a seat beside her, Olivia cut her short by ordering a lemon water and a garden salad, then smiled at the two. "Oh don't go silent because of me," she said, "go on, continue your conversation."

"I think you should go home," Conan said, "seriously Liv, I know how much he meant to you, I don't want to see you like this."

Liv gave Conan a hard stare. "Like what? Hm, enlighten me." She hissed, Harper grabbed her friend's hand. "Livvy, please go home and rest," she said, Olivia grew annoyed and smacked the table hard. "I said I'm fine!" She snapped, the group earned a few awkward stares from some passerby's and two older women whispered something, which caused Liv's anger to grow.

"Oh what you never seen a girl have her heart broke and try to pretend she's okay?"

Conan grabbed her arm. "We're leaving."

Olivia pusher him away. "I drove, I got my license remember?"

"I don't think you're okay to drive," Harper commented. "Respecting Harper, shut up," Liv hissed and turned on her heel, the two old ladies from earlier apologized to the two if they had started something. "You're fine, she's going through a break up," Conan told them. "Oh the poor thing," one of the women said they proceeded to talk to them for a few minutes before the two went straight to Liv's.

When they got there, Liv's mom said she was in her room, but the door was locked and Liv was not answering, Conan proceeded to call her but it went to voicemail, so they waited and after a few hours and some dinner. Olivia's door opened and she walked out, her cheeks were reddened and puffy; she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Why are you guys here?"

"Livvy they are your friends age they're worried," her mom insisted, Liv looked at her feet then sniffed, Harper stood up and wrapped her arms around her, they pulled from the embrace and Liv sighed again. "I have a song, I want you guys to see it."

That being said the two followed Olivia into her room where they discovered Driver's License.