CHAPTER EIGHT

eight ——— narrative

eight ——— narrative

  "Wake up," Harper pinched Liv on the arm, snaking turn over in annoyance to face Harper, the two girls eyed each other before bursting out laughing, nothing was funny, but everything was laughable with these two.

They trekked out of the bedroom, being the last ones up, Charli and Avani were making TikToks in the living room, and Conan had ordered everyone breakfast. "Oh look who's finally awake," Conan teased, eyeing Harper, who eyed him back even more confused.

Ignoring him, Harper took a seat on the sofa and turned on the tv for background noise, meanwhile, like five minutes later, someone knocked on the door. "Can someone get that!" Harper shouted, she had become invested into the show she wasn't to like and was already five episodes into season one. When no one gave in, the brunette groaned and answered, it was done dude with a man bun, when he saw Harper his composure changed and his mouth formed an "o."

"Oh shit, is this 233D? Are you..." he stared at his phone, "David?"

Snorting, Harper told Conan breakfast was ready and immediately after everyone dug in. The doordash dude was very surprised when the other three influencers appeared to him, they waved him off curtly. After breakfast, Harper and Olivia headed to go meet with Liv's team for the Good 4 U music video, Olivia had told Harper that she could be apart of the planning process along with Star in it, this made Harper's stomach do flips.

"Hey Olivia," her manager said as they all took a seat in the booth, "Harper, good to see you again."

Harper smiled and took a seat, the theme for the mv was Jennifer's Body, which oddly enough, was one of their favorite movies next to Twilight, there were other references included from early media. The premise of the storyline is Liv will be an angry cheerleader who in a fit of rage because her ex is with someone new, burns his bedroom down while singing.

"Can I see the lyrics?" Harper asked sipping her tea. Olivia's manager opened his bag and took out a folder, he handed it to Harper, who took it excitedly and took out a paper, she read through the lyrics and laughed, "Jesus Livvy, you're gonna break through the music industry."

     Throughout the week of production, Harper watched as her best friend grew to new heights, she was so confident while singing, Harper felt like a proud older sister watching the girl dance around a fake gym set up. What was Harper's part in all this? Also a cheerleader, but not a dancer, she was a background character that stood in the "locker room" and pretended to get dressed after practice.

When production eventually ended, Harper and Olivia stopped hanging out as often, as the girls schedule got super busy, Harper had a few brand deals she needed to do, some interviews and a short film underway, while Liv was meeting the president and Taylor Swift.

Harper supported Liv through it all, even when times got tough she was there for her, and when they finally saw each other, it feel great, yet different. Good 4 U would eventually drop in a few days and fans were excited, they recognized Liv on the street or in stores and would beg for pictures. Sometimes, Harper would feel bad or concerned—-she had her fair share of crazed fans and Liv's fans weren't an exception, especially if they recognized them both.

"What's the album gonna be called?" Harper asked eating a pizza, Olivia blinked, and sighed, "Can we talk about something else? My head is fried from all the music talk."

"Okay, is everything good?"

Olivia Rodrigo could sit there in lie straight through her teeth, but lying to Harper Martinez was a VERY bad idea, so she spilled her guts, "I'm just, scared, like I feel like the album is gonna flop and I'm going to look like a laughing stock."

"Oh Livvy," Harper grabbed her friend's, "it's gonna be okay, you're Olivia fucking Rodrigo."

The two girls laughed a bit, Harper smiled.

"I love you." Harper said.

"I love you too."

There was that feeling again, it was back, and a thousand times stronger.

"Wanna stay over?" Harper asked, Liv smiled and nodded, late into the evening, Liv had changed into one of Harper's many Disney shirts and a pair of sweatpants she left over there. The two now sat cuddled under a blanket watching High School Musical Senior Year (because it's superior) with a bowl of popcorn between them, the lights were off, Harper was half asleep, and Liv was starting to dose off too.

Life was good.

And at three am, Harper awake to the credits rolling, the popcorn was all over the floor, and Liv was further down the couch passed out, so Harper cleaned up the mess, threw the blanket on Liv and went to sleep in the comfort of her own bed.

Yet not even minutes later, a sleepy Liv walked in and mumbled something Harper didn't catch. "What?" The brunette asked furrowing her eyebrows. "You left me, I'm cold," she mumbled, out stretching her arms as she snuggled into the bed, Harper laughed and got under the blankets. Olivia rested her head on Harper's chest, causing the girl's blood to pulse, her cheeks grew hot, Liv yawned and instantly fell asleep.

You're not in love with her. You're not in love with her. You're not in love with her. Harper repeated the rest of the night.