beomgyu | run away

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

warnings: mentions of depression

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

life.

when will this miserable life of yours finally end?

you hated everything about it.

what is the meaning of life? is it to study, work hard and become successful? is it to help those around you? is it to live life to the fullest? is it to be happy? to experience things? to have a family?

what's the point of working so hard when in the end you're going to die and all that hard work's gonna be overthrown some day?

if the meaning is to live your life to the fullest then it is beyond meaningless because you cannot live life to the fullest; you will never be able to truly satisfy yourself, to be truly happy, to experience everything because you'll always be wanting more than what you already have.

life. life is depressing, life is short, life is stressful, life is a roller coaster of an endless cycle.

your life wasn't the best. there have been a lot of days where you wished you wouldn't wake up at all rather than have to go through a whole day suffering.

days for you felt slow, they felt empty, and it was always the same thing. your mind was more than filled with endless thoughts of this sad life of yours.

everyone else seemed to be happy and living their life the way they want to but you were the complete opposite.

depression.

depression eats people up and you happen to be one of those people. it felt like a burden to carry, a burden on your back that you just couldn't get rid of no matter how hard you tried.

when will your painful existence finally come to and end?

✭・.・✫

the sound of the bell ringing filled the classrooms and hallway, every student getting up and finally leaving.

you somehow fell asleep in the class but it didn't matter to you. it's not like you were the one who picked out which path you wanted to take for college so paying attention in a class you didn't care about was nowhere near important to you.

ah, college. how much you hated college and the amount of stress it put on you was immaculate.

you got up and packed your things, leaving the empty classroom. the hallways were filled with people you knew and didn't know. you had a lot of friends here and there but sometimes your social battery was just too drained to even interact with them.

you wanted to sit in a place with no one else in it— no sound of people talking, laughing or walking around. just you and your thoughts.

✭・.・✫

no one usually hung out in the rooftop because, well, students aren't exactly allowed to go there but since no staff ever checks that area, you always hung out there whenever you wanted to.

you sat against the wall, the view of the whole school right in front of your eyes. the rooftop had a huge fence around it to prevent any accidents from happening which of course is a good thing.

the cold wind whispered into your ears, the very distinct sound of people talking and laughing from a distance.

you took a deep breath, enjoying the fresh air and the peaceful atmosphere. moments like this made you feel at ease.

that peace was unfortunately short-lived.

"y/n?—" the sound of someone suddenly calling your name startled you.