Arc 9.9-9.10: Kriv Institute

Ch126 - Kriv Institute (9)

Xiao Lan held the pocket watch from Luo, and the two went their separate ways after exiting the office.

After that, Xiao Lan hung around the headmistress's office and waited for Luo to lure the headmistress away and create an opportunity for him to sneak inside.

Not long after, Luo's figure appeared in Xiao Lan's line of sight. He entered the headmistress's office very smoothly, and a few minutes later, left with the headmistress Madam Wilder.

Xiao Lan looked at the time on the pocket watch, then approached the headmistress's office.

After ensuring that no one was around, Xiao Lan smoothly opened the door and entered soundlessly.

As soon as he entered, he almost thought that night had fallen.

Because the main theme in the office was black; the wallpaper was black, the floor was black marble, and the gorgeous velvet curtains were black. The curtains were half-drawn, letting in pitifully scant light, and the room was very dark.

Xiao Lan stood by the window and looked outside. The view from here was very good, and it was very high up. From this office, one was able to see practically the entire institute.

Aside from the black, what the office had the most of was various silver items. Whether it was stationery, candlesticks or ornaments on the wall, all of them were the same silver, which flashed with a conspicuous light in the pitch black.

On the table in the headmistress's office were documents that were all related to the institute, and Madam Wilder's beautiful handwriting was on them. The content was very meticulous but extremely dull and tedious. Xiao Lan rummaged through them for a while but found nothing of interest.

The bookshelf on the side also held books about education and psychology. The books were worn; it was clear that Madam Wilder was usually very careful when it came to the students' education.

It looked just like a normal office.

Xiao Lan turned his attention to the closed door on the side.

Luo had told him previously that Madam Wilder would stay in the office's breakroom even at night. If that was the case, her personal items should be there.

Xiao Lan pressed against the door and carefully listened for any activity inside.

After finding that it was completely quiet, he gently pried open the breakroom door. The lock on this door was much more complicated than the one outside, but was no match for Xiao Lan, who had undergone much practice with his unlocking techniques.

Like the office outside, this room was also black in color. With the curtains fully drawn, it was completely pitch-black. He couldn't see anything at all.

Xiao Lan had no choice but to turn on 【Nuclear energy flashlight】.

The instant he turned it on, he was startled.

Because what appeared in the light's range — was Mister Wilder.

Wasn't it said that Mister Wilder always stayed in the room close to the headmistress's office because of his health? Why did he appear here?!

Moreover, what was he doing alone in such a dark room? He didn't even make a sound.

Xiao Lan was thinking about how to lie about him cooperating with a teacher to break into the headmistress's office.

But he then noticed that Mister Wilder didn't react in annoyance at the light shining on him. He merely raised a hand to cover his mouth, as if to muffle a cough that was about to escape.