Arc 10.11-10.12: Mingyue Pavilion

Ch148 - Mingyue Pavilion (11)

After confirming that he and Luo were safe and sound, Xiao Lan ended the connection and continued walking around Mingyue Pavilion.

Now, he wasn't sure whether he wanted to spot an unusual room or not.

Although it was practically fact, he still didn't quite want to acknowledge that he was an unlucky person...

Humans had to have dreams.

But there was already no longer any need for him to feel conflicted about this issue.

Because a black door stood silently up ahead, a familiar pattern on it.

That pure black color was soundlessly saying that there was a gravitational pull between it and Xiao Lan.

It truly was the so-called string of fate (for an unlucky person).

Fate was too wonderful for words.

Xiao Lan walked straight past the door without pausing, and didn't turn around. He suddenly wanted to see what would happen if he didn't enter the room.

After walking for a while, nothing strange happened.

Could it be that these doors just waited for players to take the bait of their own accord?

So chill?

But soon, Xiao Lan was slapped in the face by cold reality.

Not far up ahead, a familiar black door had appeared at some unknown time.

It was especially conspicuous among the row of identical doors.

As if to say — I trust you've been well since we last met, brother.

Xiao Lan: "..."

Was it f*cking following him?

He, who didn't believe in heresy, instantly began sprinting, leaving a blurry streak in the corridor as he instantly disappeared from the spot.

After running for a good while, Xiao Lan stopped.

He looked around.

Very good, all the doors around him were in the uniform style of Mingyue Pavilion and looked especially ordinary.

Just as he was about to withdraw his gaze.

The door beside him suddenly started to change. It slowly turned dark black, and the pattern slowly appeared on the originally blank surface of the door.

Not long after, the black door with a pattern identical to the one on the book cover appeared once more.

Vividly demonstrating what was 'steadfast loyalty'.

Xiao Lan's expression grew complicated. "Why is this like chasing down a sheep to shave off its wool ah..."

What was wrong with being unlucky?

Did unlucky people not deserve to lead relaxed and happy lives?!

Fine, when did unlucky people ever have relaxed lives...

Happiness was for lucky gods; unlucky people had nothing at all.

It looked like Xiao Lan had the worst luck in this entire game. These rooms seemed tailor-made for him, and they all came to find him.

Forget it. In any case, he originally just wanted to experiment and see what would happen if he didn't enter the room; he now had his answer.

Although... it also indirectly proved the fact that he was a poor unlucky sod.