Thor

Thor wasn't stupid. Maybe not Tony's or Loki's level of smart but not stupid. When he made way to Earth after Asgard's fall and his confrontation with Thanos, he had some sort of a plan. A rough one but one, nonetheless. He hadn't been expecting for things to change that much on Midgard. Once in range, contact was made with the people from Earth. Honestly, he thought he would be talking to the voice, Friday. Instead, some guy from somewhere or something called the U.N. answered and gave them the authorisation to land. Banner would later explained to him what it was. It made then a lot more sense and he felt like it was a sensible idea. An assembly with representants from different countries that made Midgard. They talked for a short while, him and that U.N. guy and then Captain Rogers took over. Thor was glad to hear a friendly voice. After all that happened, he needed friends and some time to think. Mourning would come later. After Thanos' death. Now he wanted to focus on the threat that was coming, the preparations to be made, the battle to be won. The thought of his family, his land, his brother would be pushed aside for now. Thinking about it wasn't actually helping. It made him feel too guilty, too helpless, like he wouldn't and couldn't make a different in the combat to come. He had to fight though and he had to win. If not for him, for the rest of the galaxy. For the Aesir scarified. For Loki.

Things were a lot different now. Time would go slower on Asgard or maybe it was because the Aesir were living for so long, he didn't know. People on his team weren't always seeing things from the same perspective but he would never had thought that it would go that far. Now, Stark was missing and nobody was looking for him. Worse, they seemed glad that they didn't have to deal with the man anymore. They didn't even care. The media on Earth were quite powerful apparently. At first, everyone was against Tony. Nobody, not even his friends or his team, were defending him. Thor had trouble to understand why. How could everybody be against one man? A representative from the U.N. was coming to explain it all. It had to be a stranger to do that instead of one of the Avengers. When he finally learnt the whole story, he kind of understood why Steve and the others were keeping quiet. Thanos was coming soon! All those things shouldn't matter anymore! It was in the past now. The future looked so bleak. Maybe they should focus on creating defences, prepare for the invasion. Loki always said that he wasn't seeing the bigger picture. For once, it seemed like he was but the Avengers weren't.

When he read the accords, he understood even less. They were only regulations to protect everybody especially the populations, the real innocents. Asgard itself had something of the kind. A code of the warrior so to speak. Honestly, the god thought they already had one of those. Steve had rejected them from the start and Thor didn't really understand why. It was more than clear that, even if he signed in the end, Steve still wasn't happy about them. The rest of the team either.

Thor wasn't good with human technology. It was hard for him to make a phone call without breaking the phone at first. He still wanted to see the famous videos of what happened. Everybody in the compound was still whispering about it. To make his own opinion he had to watch. Jarvis, he remembered, had died during the Ultron event. Stark had another one after, Friday, but even so, it was apparently gone just as its creator. In the end, Vision helped him. There was a lot to watch. It would have been difficult to really understand everything if not for the android. The chronology was all over the place and more often than not, refereeing to events that Thor had no knowledge of. That wasn't a pretty picture. It showed a lot of betrayals, some small, others life changing. Thor didn't know about Stark's parents. Himself had just lost both of his. The circumstances were different of course, but he could understand what happened in that bunker. Steve and his friend were very lucky to be alive. The god had seen how formidable the armour was in battle. Super soldiers or not, if Tony had wanted them dead, they would be. Simple as that. The captain was certainly not the man Thor thought he was. Leaving a shield brother behind to die like that. It was not honourable. Thor started to understand why Stark had chosen to move away from that team. He had never realised how bad they were treating him before. The world didn't respect the man of Iron either. Why would he risk his life for them?