Three

Screaming we're heard from the backyard, as Cher walked towards it with her friends following
"You're such an asshole, tommy!" As soon as Ava heard who it was she rolled her eyes. They entered the pool area as Steve greeted them and informed them were the booze was.

"Are we early or where are the other people?" Ben asked Cher

"Nope. This is it." She responded awkwardly

"Wow." He said as he rubbed his jaw "let's just get some in the system so it's not gonna be too awkward"

Steve chugged a beer as there was an awkward silence, only thing you could hear was a shitty speaker Tommy had brought.

"Is that supposed to impress me?" Nancy asked Steve as Cher rolled her eyes"

Nancy and Steve had something going on, Nancy didn't wanna say they were boyfriend and girlfriend but she wouldn't say they were friends either. Cher didn't like the idea of Nancy falling in love with him because he was known as the biggest playboy in Hawkins, an Cher knew that she was just gonna get her heart broken.

"You're not" he spit back

It has been an hour or two and the booze what starting to hit all of the teens, except barb who just sat there and didn't drink anything.

"Barb you wanna try?" Nancy asked the red head sitting in a chair uncomfortable

"What? No. No I don't want to. Thanks." Barb replied

"Come on, it's fun, give it a shot" Nancy told her

Barb gave in as she stood up and took the beer and knife from Nancy. She were struggling with making the hole until the knife slipped to her finger, making a bleeding cut.

"Barb are you okay?" Cher asked her

"Barb you're bleeding" Nancy said, you could clearly see Nancy had gotten more to drink then she would normally

"Where's your bathroom" bard asked looking at Steve

"Oh, it's...it's, uh, down past the kitchen, to the left." He said as barb started walking inside

Ben and Jackson were standing by the pool talking to Tommy, which Cher found very weird since they hate each other but she just blamed it on the alcohol.

"Hey, Cher" a voice yelled, it was Ben standing just beside the pool. She walked away from Nancy who she was currently talking to. As soon as she reached them she looked at him with a 'what do you want' look. But before the knew it she was pushed into the water by him. She screamed before hitting to cold water.

"Oh, my, God! What the hell, Ben?" She yelled as she laughed.

Ben dropped his cigarette and jumped in after her, following with Jackson, Ava, Tommy, Carol, Nancy and Steve. They were all in the pool laughing and playing around. Tommy and carol were as usual making out in the corner of the pool. Ben grabbed Cher by her waist, she looked confused at him, he started pulling her close until they were interrupted by Ava "cmon guys let's go get some towels" as she climbed up the pool stairs.

Everyone was gathered in the living room with towels wrapped around their shoulders.

"I'm freezing" carol said while shaking

"Oh yeah? because the others and I are sweating a lot." Ava muttered sarcastically only for Cher to hear, which she chuckled at

"Hmm...well, I hear his moms room has a fireplace." Tommy said while walking towards the stairs "oh, yeah" carol said as she followed him. All the others scrunched their face in disgust. "Are you kidding? Okay well you know, you are cleaning the sheets." Steve said loudly enough for them to hear.

"You guys want some dry clothes?" Steve asked the rest "don't you think it's a little weird?" Jackson said narrowing his eyes "no! I don't wanna wear wet jeans under get home, so I don't care if that means wearing his clothes." Cher explained

Only the 3 girls wanted to borrow some clothes, Jackson and Ben wouldn't dream of borrowing another man's clothes, and for that man to be Steve Harrington.

They went upstairs while Jackson and Ben stayed on the couch relaxed clearly affected by the alcohol.

"Soooo" Jackson began "what was going on in the pool?" He finished "what?" Ben spat out "with you and Cher?"

"Man wdym? it's nothing. We've been best friends forever, you should know by now that we're just close" Ben said

"Yeah sure, Romeo" Jackson gave up

——————————-<3—————————————

Meanwhile upstairs Steve handed both Ava and Nancy a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie as they went somewhere else to change.

"Sooo what about me?" Cher said, she had trouble pronouncing the words correctly since she'd been drinking more then she usually did.

"Oh you wanted some too?" Steve said jokingly as she narrowed her brows while nodding.

He started to search his drawers for some clothes for her while Cher turned her direction to the staircase, hearing Nancy and barb taking.

Nancy told Barb to go home. That's mostly what her drunken head could get together.

"Cher" she heard a male voice say from behind, she turned to Steve taking the clothes he was handing her.

She walked closer to the window to get a little further from him.

She stared taking her top off as he just stared at her, walking closer to her. She returned the look.

He put his hands on her waist. Suddenly hearing footsteps coming up the stairs, they both took some steps back.

Cher hurried to change her close while Steve wasn't looking, then too see Ava in the doorframe.

"Cher you coming? We're going home" she said

"Yeah sure" she replied "bye Steve"

"Bye Cher."