chapter nine

chapter      nine
━━ first date

      Dating was never on the list of things for Villain Kids, or anybody that lived on the Isle

      Dating was never on the list of things for Villain Kids, or anybody that lived on the Isle. The thoughts of evil and actions of wicked were too much to allow them to feel romance but as Eloise sat on Evie's bed, allowing her to paint her cheeks a subtle colour of pink, Eloise felt different about everything.

      "You excited, El?" Evie asked before putting on some lipgloss to Eloise's lips, quietly telling her to pay her lips together afterwards. Eloise didn't know how to feel — she knew this 'date' wasn't real and it was all the effects of the love potion, but, Eloise couldn't feel anything but excited to be going on her first date. It was something normal did and she was glad to feel normal; for once.

       "Nervous. Really. . . Really nervous. I think it'll be fine, right?" Eloise questioned as her eyes turned down to look at the floor. Evie chuckled slightly as she knew Eloise wasn't one for romance because she's never experienced it. "You'll be fine, El. It'll all be okay," Evie said before finishing applying the make-up, being greeted by Mal. "You look disgusting," The two laughed at Mal before Eloise shook her head knowing Mal wasn't one for make-up.

       "Remember, Ben asked you to coronation but you ran off before you can answer, so don't make regret it!" Mal warned before Eloise gasped as a knock came on the door.

"I'm not ready! Evie, I can't do this," Eloise sighed as she covered her face between her palms. She needed Jay or Carlos. They were like brothers to her, they knew what to do. "I can not do this. I'm going to mess everything up! What if I accidentally rewind the love potion?" Asked Eloise. None of them was even sure you could rewind love potions with words, or actions. "Eloise. . . Breathe. You'll be okay," Mal soothed before nodding her head and Evie opening the door.

Stood there was Ben. Eloise smiled when she faced him, watching as Ben admired her 'new' appearance.

      "I hope you like bikes," He stumbled his words before handing her a helmet, walking out with Eloise before applying the helmet onto her head and taking her into a forest-type situation. Almost enchanted forest-looking.

When they were walking across the bridge, Ben situated his hands on Eloise's waist to keep her balance steady. She chuckled before putting her hands on top of his, "Tell me something you've never told anyone before." Eloise sucked her cheeks as she thought of something to answer, slowly walking across the bridge with Ben. "Um, I guess, I am not one for singing. . ." Eloise smiled brightly before turning around to Ben, his mouth open wide.

"A villain who's not one for songs, really?" Ben asked, Eloise, frowned when she heard the word 'villain'; is that what he thought of her? Ben furrowed his eyebrows before realising what he had said, "Oh, no! I didn't mean it like that, I meant, your situation is villainous, not you."

Eloise nodded her head in understanding, she knew Ben meant well. "I know what you mean. I am, technically, a villain, I just don't see myself that way and I don't want you to, either," They stopped walking, Eloise taking in the sight surrounding the two of them before meeting his eyes after her words. "Then I won't," Ben replied, the silence filling the air afterwards and they stared at one another's lips.

Eloise cleared her throat, continuing to walk after she turned around. "Tell me something about you," Eloise said as she placed emphasis on 'you.' Ben cleared his throat, "My middle name is Florian." A typical 'princely' middle name; reminding Eloise of florally things and fresh atmospheres.

"Pretty," Replied Eloise; quietly.

      "I want you to close your eyes," Ben said.

      Eloise trusted Ben, she trusted him to guide their way as she was consumed with the darkness of shutting her eyes. He was careful not to trip Eloise over any scattered twigs or large roots of trees before they reached the Enchanted Lake. She twisted her lips into a glowing smile as she saw the place they were going to spend their first date — the place she was going to spend her first date ever. "Wow," Her words were caught in her throat, she had never laid eyes on anything so pretty.

The concrete was situated with blankets and a picnic basket filled of treats and a selection of fruits. Eloise first dipped her hand in to taste one of the raspberries, "Is this your first date?" The question was first to leave her mouth, with what Eloise could see, Ben definitely knew what he was doing when it come to dates.

"No, I've been on a few dates with Audrey. This, however, is the first one that I'm actually enjoying. . ." As stated by Ben, Eloise curled her legs close to her chest once he finished his sentence to hide her blushing face.

       "Is it your first time?" Ben asked, Eloise, revealing her face so she could answer him. "Is it obvious? Yes. We don't really date in the Isle, we kinda chose a suitor and they're perfect, I don't know, we don't date. Gang activity," Eloise replied, she didn't know the words to describe how people on the Isle do their relationships. It is more of romantic feelings and then marriage — no in between, no time for real romance.

       "Do you swim?" Asked Ben. Eloise looked at the water, it was extremely different to the murky water in Isle. The water she used to swim in to escape any bad reality, lying on the gritty sand of the beach to read the books she had stolen.

Though there was a barrier around the Isle, there was an opening to a small part of the ocean. It was one of Eloise's favourite places because not many people knew about it.

       Eloise couldn't miss the opportunity to swim in the Enchanted Lake. Her legs wobbled as she stood to remove her dress, watching as Ben jumped into the water. Eloise chuckled before jumping in, breaking the surface of the water when she swam to the top.

      Ben inched closer towards her, his arm wrapping around her waist as the other hand moved some stray locks from out of her face. Eloise scrunched her nose when she felt his soft fingers tilt her head upwards, making their eyes meet together.

"You really do have nice eyes," Ben said before moving closer to Eloise, their feet kicking in the water to stop them from drowning. Eloise smiled slightly, feeling her chest being pushed against his before their lips were joined together; passionately.

        Eloise felt as their noses bumped together before twisting their heads to the side to allow easier access, her eyebrows lifted up to create wrinkles within her forehead as her cheeks glowed a dainty red colour. She smiled into the kiss, bringing them closer together as his hand joined her cheek.