Family

The girls had resigned back to they're room. But the boys stayed in the common room silently.

"You're a lier" Theo grumbled under his breath "What was that?" Draco looked up "Mattheo. He's a lier" Theo glared. Mattheo didn't say anything. His tongue ran up the inside of his cheek and his jaw clenched. "You came in here and pretend to be our friend. You pretend to love our girl" Theo growled "You made a promise on your first day" Draco's voice was shaky "you promised to protect them like we do, but this whole time you were only here to hurt us" 
"I'm not angry, I'm just really hurt" Blaise didn't look Mattheo in the eyes instead he just stared at the floor. Enzo didn't speak at all, he just watched Blaise as the boy spoke."Look guys..." Mattheo started "No. We took you under our wing, we excepted your many, many flaws, we kept your secret and we thought you were our friend" Theo shouted "Well maybe you should learn not to trust everyone you meet" Mattheo stormed out of the room.

After Mattheo stormed out. Theo turned to Draco "You knew" Theo hissed.

"I only just found out before you" Draco begged. Theo huffed and sank back into his chair. He had his fist to his mouth and he stared forward.

"Fuck it" He slapped the arm of the chair and left the room. Draco slunk off to his dorm leaving Bliase and Enzo alone in silence.

Theo walked out onto the astronomy tower to find Mattheo. Mattheo loved astronomy so it was the first place anyone ever looked for him.

Mattheo was stood at the edge of the tower staring at the ground. Lifting a foot he dangled it over the edge. He closed his eyes and let out a loud sigh before opening his arms like they were wings. He began to lean forward but Theo grabbed the back of his shirt and dragged him back onto the floor.

"What The Fuck!!" Theo's breathing was irregular and his eyes wide "Why did you stop me?" Mattheo spoke quietly "I'm not evil Riddle" Theo groaned "Didn't you listen to them, don't you know what I am, what I've done?" Mattheo was gripping the bar that surrounded the tower "I don't recognise you" Theo shook his head "You never knew me" Mattheo shrugged "But I liked the you that I did know"

"I'm not what you think I am. I'm not like you" Mattheo sounded angry, not with Theo but rather with himself "Why did you do it?" 

"I didn't want to. Not after I got to know you guys" Mattheo sounded sincere  "Then why didn't you leave?" Theo was pacing "You said I didn't have to be alone. I've never had friends before, I've never had love" 

"And when you get it, you reward us like this" Theo hissed.

"You know that wasn't my intention" Mattheo turned to look at him. Theo could see the desperation in Mattheos face. Theo stopped pacing and looked Mattheo in his eyes "If you knew it all then, would you do it again?" Mattheo shook his head "I think I would have died instead" Theo didn't speak "I was selfish then. But I've learned to love and to love you must sacrifice" Mattheo sounded like he was speaking to himself more then Theo.

"I forgive you" Theo finnaly spoke "You shouldn't" 

"But I do. You've learned empathy and selflessness. And you clearly care for us. Everyone makes mistakes" Theo smiled faintly.

Mattheo wrapped his arms around the other boy. Theo was taken aback by this random display of affection but welcomed it. He hugged Mattheo back and patted his back to reassure him.