Ammortentia

With Pansy and Lilli leading the way and the four boys towering behind them they entered the great hall. There were hushed whispers all around them but nobody dared make eye contact. Mattheo wasn't with them, he'd been hiding out in his dorm. He still wasn't really speaking to anyone and after the ball last night Lilli could assume he wasn't in the best of spirits.

"The fuck you looking at Finnegan" Theo snapped at the boy who had been staring at them since they entered the hall. He quickly turned back to the other Gryffindoors and lowered his head.

"Anyone get anything good last night?" Blaise asked in a hushed voice once they were comfortable "Lilli got something good thats for sure. She spent the entire night with the owner of the place. Ask her" Pansy joked "She wasn't even in our dorm this morning" Lilli slapped Pansys arm "Oi don't snitch on me"
"Oh my god. You fucked Caddel?" Draco whisper shouted across the table "I was drunk" she hissed back.
Suddenly the table fell quiet and the groups faces dropped.
"Hey Mattheo...." Enzo's voice was quiet "Morning, why gave you stopped talking. Please continue what you were saying" Mattheo sat down and did his best to act unbothered.

"This is brilliant for getting information" Blaise shrugged
"Not to mention he's a total ride. Was he any good?" Pansy pushed. Lilli didn't want to hurt Mattheos feelings so she didn't reply. She just looked quietly at her food, but the small smirk growing on her face as she remembered the events of the night before gave her away.
"Oh my god. Do you guys see that smirk, he definitely was" Pansy squealed "Oh shut it Pansy" Theo snapped. Trying his best to protect his friends feelings "sorry" she sunk back into her seat quietly.

"Well he was very sweet and I'm sure I can get some important information from him" Lilli pushed up off the table. "Come on Theo, we have potions" She held out a hand and he took it.

"Potions doesn't start for ten minutes" Theo whined once they were out of the hall "I know but it was getting way to awkward" Theos face scrunched as they turned into the classroom "Well it's about to get way more awkward"
"Why?" Theo answered her question by pointing at the cauldron in the middle of the room. There was a page ripped out beside it with a large spell name on written at the top.

"Ammortentia"

Lillis face dropped. No no no no no no.
"Fuck" Theo glanced over at her
"I know"

Amortentia is the most powerful Love Potion in the entire world. It causes a powerful infatuation or obsession in the drinker. It has a distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from it in characteristic spirals. It has a different aroma for everyone who smells it, reminding each person of the things that they find most attractive, even if the person themselves doesn't acknowledge or is unaware of their fondness for the object of their affection.

"Do you think we'll smell each other. Sibling love and all?" Theo nudged her "I don't think it works for platonic and sibling love Theo" Lilli sat down nervously.

"Now that everyone's here. Can anyone tell me what this potions is?" Slughorn motioned toward the pot. Hermoines hand shot up. "Amortentia sir" Slughorn nodded "Well done Mrs.Granger" Slughorn explained the potion to the rest of the class.

"Mrs.Granger could you go first"
"Hermione Granger smells fresh cut grass, new parchment, spearmint toothpaste" her eyes widened and she rushed back to her seat. Lilli and Theo were giggling at the top of the class at her reaction.

"Nott, Gray up you come" The two sulked down towaed the cauldron.
"Leather, like a quaffle, toffee, butter beer and burning pine wood" Theo smiled. Just as Lilli stepped forward Mattheo crashed through the door.
She ignored him and leaned into the potion.

"Uhm cigarettes, oak wood, bourbon" she paused, another set of smells slowly rose up to her nose "two different colognes and something sweet?" She shrugged.

"Mattheo seen as you find it appropriate to barge into my class late. You will be next" Mattheo rolled his eyes and joined the other two beside the cauldron. "What can you smell?" "I'd know if Gray would step away, all I can smell is her perfume" Giggles and murmurs filled the class "just focus" Slughorn pressed. "Fresh parchment, wet dog, firewhiskey and Grays damn perfume" Mattheo snapped. He spun around to tell her to back off, only to find her and Theo back in their seats.
"What?" He looked at the professor in confusion "This Mr.Sanchez is ammortentia, you would know if you were here on time" Slughorn hissed.
Mattheo stormed off to his seat. The one next to Lilli.

"Who would have thought. You both smelt each other" Theo whispered slyly "shut it Nott" Lilli snapped "I'm sure I'm not the only one she smelt" Mattheo scoffed "Oooo lovers spat, I'm invested"
Lilli held up a hand "can you both stop"

"I can't believe you slept with the enemy" Mattheo followed Lilli up the halls. She walked quickly and he almsot had to jog to keep up. "I didn't I slept with the enemy's some. Besides what's it to you?" Mattheo rolled his eyes "Don't act so dumb, you know we had something" "Yes. And remind me who ruined that" she halted, Mattheo almost running into her.

"I did. I know I did and I apologised and I know that will never be enough for you. But I love you Lillith Gray, I've loved you since the first moment I saw you. Everything about you. Your hair, your smile, your eyes oh god your eyes, the way you control your temper, the way you love your friends, how loyal you are. I even smelt you in the Amortentia. Doesn't that prove to you I'm not lying. I'm helping you take down my father, isn't that enough" she could see his eyes welling up.

"How can I know you didn't lie about what you smelt. How can I know your not lying right now. How can I ever trust you again?"

"You can't and I understand that. And I won't ask you to forgive me but I will ask you to try trust me, just try. We need eachtother and once this wae is over we can go out separate ways"

Lilli nodded "pinky promise?" Mattheo let a sad smile creep on his face "pinky promise"

A/N: Just found out the Queens dead. My condolences to any English readers. But as an Irish person myself 🇮🇪

"Come out ye black and tans come out and fight me like a man. Show your wives how you won medals down in flanders. Tell then how the IRA made you run like shite away from the green and lovely lanes of killashandra" 🥳 🎊

Seriously though sorry for your loss and all xxx