001 - In the rainforest [Pineapple]

So. The very scary bad thing was gone. Thanks to Luna, that is, but for some reason, everyone back home on Phyrria seemed to think that Pineapple had played a significant role in getting rid of the breath of evil. And, as it turned out, getting rid of Cottonmouth and Freedom, the power-hungry human that had ended up controlling nearly all of Pantala, and the poor dragonet that had been condemned to spend the rest of her life in the same situation. Freedom seemed to just want a normal life, unlike Cottonmouth, who had pretty much gone looking for the one he was now stuck in.

Although, if you believed what Luna said, which Pineapple was pretty sure he did, Freedom hadn't always been so against the life she had lived. True, she had always wanted a normal life, but until she met Luna and, more particularly, Dusky, she had taken out her anger by demanding the other dragon's memories, which - well - Pineapple was NOT going to think about that anymore.

Now, he was finally home where he belonged, with Jambu, having suntime every day and trying to avoid the questions about his recent trip. Although... when Jambu asked a question, as he just had, it was different, and not one that Pineapple could easily ignore.

"Come on, Pineapple, you nearly died - twice! - and that's all I get to know?!" Jambu protested. "Me! Your very best, loving -" he paused. "And ONLY boyfriend?" ... "I AM the only one, right?" Pineapple took literally two seconds to take a breath, and Jambu freaked out. "Pineapple? Love? RIGHT?!"

"Yes, yes, you are! Babe, really! I was BREATHING, three moons!" Jambu looked skeptical for about half a second, then gave Pineapple a silly look and smacked the back of Pineapple's head with his wing, launching himself into the air.

"Race you to the Northern Hatchery!"

"Hey, no fair!" Pineapple whined. "You got a head start!

"Yes fair! You were just distracted!" he heard his love call out ahead of him. Pineapple growled and beat his wings harder, trying to catch up with Jambu.

"YES!" Jambu shrieked, landing quickly on the platform in front of the Northern Hatchery, Pineapple just moments behind him.

"I still say you cheated," Pineapple huffed.

"Well, I'm a prince, so therefore I'm right and you're not. Haha!" Jambu stuck his tongue out at Pineapple and slipped through the doorway. Pineapple followed.

Sunny had convinced Glory to take the time to organize all of the eggs by family, something that was also now a thing. Pineapple looked around the clumps of eggs and noticed one that was sitting by itself, not assigned to a family.

"Hm..." he murmured to himself.

"Oh no, another crazy Pineapple idea," Jambu said, pretending to look worried. Pineapple reached down and picked up the egg. He carefully cradled it in one arm and hobbled out to the platform. Launching into the sky, he took care to keep the egg steady. Jambu yelled after him, but Pineapple didn't stop. He was on a mission.

word count: 499