The Managers

Bailey's POV

"Hey birdbrain, you met the potential newbie yet?" Natasha asks the guy I saw earlier as we approach him. I think his name is Clint?

"I don't climb things nearly as much anymore, you can stop calling me birdbrain." He responds, rolling his eyes. "To answer your question, I have briefly met her but never got a name."

"I'm Bailey. You're... Clint, right?" I ask, just in case I heard wrong earlier. He holds out his hand and shakes mine.

"Yes, glad you didn't follow Nat here and call me birdbrain as well."

"You're no fun. Anyways, Clint is one of our engineers who designs the machines. You'll probably get the chance to work with him when you start." I nod, listening to Natasha.

"She's lucky she's not getting stuck with Loki." Clint mentions and I furrow my brows.

"What do you mean? He seems nice..." I say, remembering the man who let me in the offices.

"It's not that he's not nice, he's just one of those trickster types. Loves to mess with people and most find it mentally draining to work with him is all." Nat explains and I nod, understanding.

"Gotcha. So, you're cool to work with?" I ask Clint and he smirks.

"I never said that, but I promise I won't make you go crazy on purpose." I chuckle at his response.

"Alright, we'll leave you to it birdbrain. Keep up the good work." Nat says and Clint rolls his eyes again.

"Nice to meet you Bailey." Clint says before we walk away.

"You're not gonna meet everyone today, and since we will probably stick you with Clint at first, I'll just introduce you to the managers for today. Us managers are who you'll see pretty much everyday here, whereas the other workers are in and out for the most part. You'll get the time to meet everyone when working with them though." She explains and I just nod and listen.

"What's up, Nat. Who's this?" A really strong blonde man walks by us.

"Oh perfect! Steve, this is our potential new hire, Bailey." Steve then looks to me with a small smile and puts his hand out.

"Nice to meet you, Bailey. I'm Steve, the electrical engineering manager." I nod and shake his strong hand.

"Likewise." I simply say.

"Since you might be going back and forth between mechanical and electrical eventually, I figured meeting Steve would be helpful." Nat explains further.

"Yeah, that makes sense. I'd eventually like to meet everyone."

"I like the enthusiasm! Anyways, I gotta go check on Thor's project, but I hope to see you working here soon Bailey!" Steve says before walking away.

"Yeah, us managers are constantly running around. Speaking of, there's only one other manager you need to meet but he's always the hardest to find..." Nat says as we keep walking around.

After a few minutes, Nat goes up to one of the workers repairing a piece of machinery. "Hey Wanda, have you seen Tony around?" The woman turns away from her work, her brows furrowed in thought.

"Umm... He might've went into his office? Have you checked there?" Natasha shakes her head. "That's probably your best bet. Usually he's out here helping repair but we'd be able to hear him singing to AC/DC from across the facility." Wanda jokes and Natasha snickers.

"Very true. Okay, we will check his office. Thank you!" 

"Anytime!" Wanda responds as we walk towards the offices.