the necklace - part 2

hi guys!! hru? 

tysm for over 526 reads! ya'll have been so supportive of my work and it's awesome!

this is just part 2 of "the necklace," and if you haven't read part 1 then go read that now. what are you doing? go read it. now.

part 2 of this story is dedicated to _slate_ who commented the most on my last chapter! thank you :)

anyways, this is part 2 of "the necklace" :)

last time on "the necklace" - a i d e n

"EXCEPT, you're such a fast jogger! Howwww??"

Aru grinned mischievously. "I have my ways."

"Anyways, do you wanna go out today? We can get some chaat. And I'll pick you up from the museum." And I can give you the necklace.

Aru smiled. "So it's a date?"

"Yeah."

a r u

Aru kept jogging, thinking about Aiden. She was going on a date with Aiden. Yeah, sure, they had been going out more often lately, now that they were dating, but whenever he asked her out it still put a smile on her face.

Aru looked around, noticing the trees and the sunrise, and breathing in the fresh smell of rain-soaked pavement. She felt at peace with the world, everything was ok. 

After the war, Aru started to feel truly safe agai- "What the- did a bird just poop on me?" Aru touched her hair. Yep, that was definitely bird poop. Of course it was. Just when she felt at peace. My life in a nutshell. 

Ah, well. It was probably time to head back home anyway.

Aru reached the museum, turning the doorknob and pushing the door open. She trudged up the stairs and opened the door to her bedroom, picking out some clothes for their date.

Aru would never forget how Aiden's eyes looked, dark and fathomless and filled with stars. The eyes that she fell in love with. 

So she decided to go with a casual dark blue dress, dotted with stars that looked heavenly. It wasn't as good as staring into Aiden's eyes, but it came close. Aru sighed. How could Nikita have made such a pretty dress and yet still made it look casual?

She took a hot, steamy shower, making sure to lather in the shampoo and put conditioner on her ends, wanting to look especially nice today. She put on the dress and then walked to the mirror, looking at her hair. She decided to go with a simple braid, but left a few strands hanging loose. 

Then she opened the door to the hallway, hearing the sound of the museum doorbell ring. She rushed to the front door and slowly opened it. There was Aiden, looking as handsome as ever. Aru looked up at him. He was wearing a dark shirt with a jacket slung over it, and even darker jeans. Aru could have sworn Aiden stopped for a moment. Although this time, she didn't imagine it.

"You- you look-" he stuttered.

"Yes?" Aru prompted.

"Enchanting."

Aru grinned. "Not looking too bad yourself, Wifey. Bye Mom, I'm going to leave with Aiden now!" she called up the stairs.

"Have fun on your date beta! Don't do anything I wouldn't be proud of," she added.

"Yes, Mom," Aru grumbled.

They intertwined hands, stepping outside. 

sryyyyy im so sorry for that cliffhanger ik im evil mwahahahahhaa anyways-

also this was rlly short sryyyyy

tysm for reading and pls vote and comment if u liked it! it doesn't even take 5.67 seconds and it'll be the highlight of my day :)

any suggestions? like seriously guys im running out of ideas helpppp

anyways see ya'll next time and thank you for reading!!