the necklace - part 3

821 READS??? what in the name of all the gods- how?? i can't express how much you guys mean to me tysm!!! WE'RE ALMOST AT 1K YA'LL <3333333 

this is also part 3 of "the necklace," and if you haven't read parts 1 and 2 then go read those now. what are you doing? go read them. now.

anyways, i REALLY don't want to delay so here ya go!

last time on "the necklace" - a r u

"You- you look-" he stuttered.

"Yes?" Aru prompted.

"Enchanting." he started nervously fiddling with Shadowfax, awaiting Aru's answer.

Aru grinned. "Not looking too bad yourself, Wifey. Bye Mom, I'm going to leave with Aiden now!" she called up the stairs.

"Have fun on your date beta! Don't do anything I wouldn't be proud of," she added.

"Yes, Mom," Aru grumbled.

They intertwined hands, stepping outside.

a i d e n

When Aiden saw Aru at the door, his breath hitched. He got lost in those chocolate brown eyes of hers, wanting to say something to match the way he felt for her. But all he could come up with was 'enchanting.' He wanted to come up with a better word to describe her because she was everything to him, but he couldn't. 

They laced hands and stepped outside, sending a warm tingly feeling down Aiden's back. He loved it.

They started walking to the nearest bazaar, laughing and talking the whole way through, never letting go of each other. Aiden carefully fingered the tiny box in his jacket, which held Aru's necklace. Eventually, they arrived, finding their favorite table to sit down and eat chaat.

Aiden got up. "Want me to go and order for us?"

"Sure. But you're paying."

"Fine," Aiden muttered under his breath.

He walked up to the stall, ordering 1 plate of samosas, pani puris, and dhoklas, plus 2 dosas.

"Wow, son. Isn't that a little much for one person?" the man taking his order said.

Aiden smiled. "Yes sir, but I'm eating with my girlfriend, and you should see how much she can eat."

The man laughed. "Don't let go of her, she's a keeper."

Aiden smiled again. "I know."

He returned to their table, taking the fresh food from the stall and sitting down.

Aru immediately reached for the samosas, ready to attack the food.

Aiden laughed, reaching for Aru's hand. "Slow down. First, put this napkin under your hand so nothing will spill."

"Gods, Aiden, you're such an Ammamma."

"I told you not to call me that," Aiden grumbled.

"Okay, Wifey."

Aiden groaned.

Aru started to reach for the food again- 

"Wait! I need to take some pictures."

Aru sighed. "Fine, do your 'camera boy' thing. And hurry up."

Aiden quickly snapped some photos, knowing how hangry Aru could get. 

"There. Eat."

"FINALLY. Thank the heavens." Aru practically inhaled the food. 

Aiden laughed.

Aru looked at him. "What? I'm hungry." 

"No, it's just... I never thought I would have this moment with you. I never thought we could be dating, and I never thought you would like me. I was always too scared of what happened to my mom, and I almost didn't want to start a relationship with you. I'm so glad I didn't listen to those thoughts." Aiden said. (A/N eeeeeeee i'm squealing rnnnn)

Aru stopped eating and looked at him, a blush creeping over her face. 

"And you're so beautiful. With your dark brown eyes and radiant attitude and the smirk that you get when we are all forced to watch Lord of the Rings, it just makes me want to..." Aiden leaned over, gently kissing her.

Should I do it now?  he thought.

The kiss barely lasted a moment, but when they pulled away all they looked at was each other, loving the other more than ever.

"I- I don't even know what to say to that Aiden. All I can say is that I love you too." Aru smiled, and Aiden felt like his whole world lit up when she did.

Aiden smiled too because even though he knew she didn't say much, he also knew she loved him more than anything, and that's all that really mattered to him. He didn't need fancy speeches or big presents. All he needed was someone he knew loved him and would never let him go, and Aru fulfilled that wish.

They both sat there, in comfortable silence.

Until Aiden pulled out the tiny black box and opened it up, revealing the golden piece of jewelry.

aaaaaaa I'm so sorryyyy I had to leave you guys on a cliffhanger once AGAIN

so what do you think happens next? any ideas for part 4?

any ideas in general?? i would love some aruden fic ideas :)

and like always, pls pls pls vote and comment if you liked this fic! it always makes my day <33 if you would like to check out my other aruden work, i have some more oneshots and stuff on my home page, and while you're there, why not drop a follow? you know, to support me? ;)

anyways i should really go to sleep now byeeeee :)))

#aruden

-starry <333

i also REALLY have to stop updating in the middle of the night-