oi. Tabitha could've got him

TABITHA kicked at rocks as she watched two of the North Denver baseball teams play against each other

TABITHA kicked at rocks as she watched two of the North Denver baseball teams play against each other. The game was almost over and Tabitha was bored out of her mind, until she saw Bruce Yamada step to home plate.

Bruce was a nice, smart boy, he was one of Tabitha's Summer tutors, he tutored her in language arts. But he wasn't the reason she was there, she came because Gwendolyn Blake had told her to come for Finney.

It's not like she agreed because she likes him or something. She agreed because just a week ago she found him in her backyard playing with her dog. He ended up coming back almost all the time, swinging on the tire swing, playing fetch with her dog, playing catch by himself. He knew Tabitha knew he was there, and Tabitha knew he knew. Only a couple days ago she decided she'd go put to say hi.

And from now on Finney was Backyard boy.

"Come on Finney." Gwenny clapped with a bag of popcorn in her hand as Finney was getting ready to pitch.

Finney stared at Bruce deeply before pitching the ball. Bruce swung his bat and missed. he shook his head in disappointment before looking back to Finney, pursing his lips and getting into position.

"Lets go Bruce! Come on, Finney!" Tabitha cupped her mouth. "Who's team are you on Tabi?" Gwenny asked furrowed her eyebrows.

"Neither, both, it's up to them to decide. And I only really know Bruce because he Tutors me."

Gwenny nodded before taking a sip of Tabitha's bottle of Coca-Cola and turning back to the game, just as Bruce missed again and got his second strike.

"Whoo!" Gwenny and her friends cheered, Tabitha just watched with a smile. Finney turned on the pitchers mound and looked over to Tabitha. She smiled and nodded at him, Gwenny smirked and nudged her leg as Tabitha stood above her.

Finney Looked back to Bruce, with his teammates calling his name. Finney took a deep breath and threw the ball, hard. Bruce then swung fast, hitting the ball with force, dropping his bat, and jogging to second base with a smile.

Finney and Gwenny watched the ball in disappointment, Tabitha watched in shock as the ball flew over the fence, Bruce ran to home base clapping, and he tipped his hat at Finney before looking toward Tabita and smiling at her.

The game had finally ended once Bruce hit home plate, him and his team cheered. The Front Ranger team sulked their way into their dugout while their opponents cheered Bruce's name.

Finney pursed his lips looking over to the stands where Tabitha was talking to Gwenny, she looked back at him after Gwenny said something and smiled and waved.

"Hey, gwen I have to get going, my brother needed me to take Monty out after the game, I'll see you, Tell Finney I'll see him later." Monty was her dog that Finney was now best friends with.

"Later?" Gwenny asked with furrowed eyebrows.

In my backyard of course.

"I mean like if I want to come hang out with you." Tabitha ruffled the younger girls hair before walking to her bike.

WHEN Tabitha got home it was already dark, she opened the fence gate and walked straight to the door, which was already unlocked. When she walked through the door she heard the television playing. Her brother had fallen asleep watching The Exorcist.

Tabitha chuckled, whistling for her dog to follow her to the backyard. She unlocked  the back door, opened it and the screen. Monty ran out and went straight to behind the tree, She barked and Tabitha almost thought she heard a boy scream.

Tabitha chuckled and turned tho walk to the kitchen, getting a glass of lemonade taking it to her room. After she placed her lemonade on the dresser next the the window and opened the window wide enough foe her record player to be heard outside.

She knew Finney was out there, playing with her dog. She scanned through her vynls and found the Playlist from the movie Grease that came out just last month.

The song Summer Nights had started to play. Tabitha liked this song, she liked the video to it. So she turned the volume up and turned the speaker towards the open window.

Finney smiled at the music looking to the window. "Hey, Backyard Boy!" He turned his head to the girls voice.

"Wanna dance?" She smiled at him taking a drink of her lemonade. Finney stared at her.

"I- uhm- I- yeah- yeah sure."

met a girl crazy for me

Tabitha smiled and chuckled when Finney bowed dramatically.

"Close your eyes Tabitha, I have stage freight." Finney joked, taking both of his hands onto his eyes, opening two fingers to make sure Tabitha had her eye closed.

The ginger smiled and rolled her eyes, but shut them anyways.

"Summer days drifting away!" Finney screamed, Monty barked at him which made Tabitha laugh. "Don't be so loud Finney, I have neighbors and a sleeping brother you know."

"Hey, how'd you like the game?" Finney asked as he sat down on the grass. Tabitha opened her eyes and sat beside him, pushing her torso to the ground to look at the dark sky.  "It was okay, you know, I totally could've got Bruce to strike out. I'm a great pitcher."

"Really?" Finney scoffed. "Oh, yeah absolutely. I know his weaknesses."

"And how would you possibly know that?" Finney was curious, he wasn't jealous though. Was he?

"Oh, Finnard, he's my language arts tutor, he's supposed to come by tomorrow so he can teach me stuff I'm supposed to know."

"You need a tutor?" Finney asked, curiously. "Sorry, if that was a bad question. Sorry."

"Yeah, no, it's okay Finney-"

"Call me Finn." Finney layed back next to her. Tabitha smiled at him, nodding. "Okay then, Finn, yes I need tutors. I don't learn stuff right, and if I do I can't focus enough or I forget it, so Brucey was chosen to help little 'ol me."

The song had ended ages ago. But they didn't realize until Monty licked their faces and walked to the door.

"I think that's our cue. I'll see you at school Finn, bye!" She got up and ran to her back door. Finney smiled after her, "Later, Thia." he whispered walking over to the tall back gate.

TUREIS TALKS!
lol guys
Brucey wucey has a
lil cwushy wushy on
tabby wabby
too bad he doesn't live
long enough to ask her out
that's so bad omg
I'm so sorry