Chapter Six - Run, Run, Away

“Charlotte Tomlinson left her family. She left her family because she was fed up with everything. She didn’t want to deal with it anymore, so she left,” I said, watching as Eleanor and Carly watched me. Lottie had chosen to sit down, but I could feel her stare on me as well. “She left, and I found her just a few days after she left,” I continued, my nails digging into my skin from my fist, “I was going to take care of her for one night, but I ended up taking care of her for much longer. I’ve taken care of Charlotte Tomlinson for about a month, and I’ve taken her best interest to heart every second.”

            Eleanor watched me, her eyes faltering from my gaze over to Lottie, who I could only imagined looked worn out. I was worn out as well, but Lottie had a tendency of showing it more than I did.

            “I love Lottie like a sister,” I blurted, wiping a late tear from my eyes and sucking a breath, “and I know I have her best interest at heart.” Eleanor looked away from Lottie and over to me, as if deciding if I really did care for Lottie, or if it was just a scam. Her brown eyes picked me apart as I stood, and I ripped my gaze from her to where Carly stood.

            Carly looked shaken up, and I fought the urge to be angry with her. Lottie would’ve shown up anyway, Carly had just given away the inevitable before the ship had sunk completely.

            “And because of that,” I continued, looking over to Lottie who had suddenly frozen, her eyes trained on me, unblinking, “I know what’s best for Lottie.” When I looked over to Eleanor her hand was set against the opposite arm, her eyes trained just below my eyes with her lashes covering his gaze. “That’s why I think-“ I started, but just then Carly spoke up, her voice cracking.

            “Forest, I barely know you and still I trust your judgment and you’re a good girl,” she started, her arms tightly crossed over her chest, “but, I think, without even knowing Lottie, that she should be back with her family before anything gets worse. I know what heartbreak can do to someone … what it can drive someone to do. I know it cause a lapse in judgment … and I don’t want to happen any more for anyone that loves Lottie. They need her back. Her brother needs her, her parents need her, her sisters need her, her boyfriend needs her, her friends need her, and her family’s friends need. Do you know what this has done to One Direction and their fans?” She paused, her face red from frustration. “What it’s done to Liam,” she added softly, her arms dropping. The words were softly spoken, but they still caused Eleanor to look over at the blond.

            “I know Carly,” I replied, looking over at Lottie one last time, “that’s why I’m letting Eleanor take her back.”

            “What,” Lottie shrieked, jumping to her feet with her eyes popped open, now alive with something I’d seen before, but in a new way. It was fear; it was fear to be taken back. “You can’t decide that For,” she blurted with anger, the chair scrapping as she moved closer to me, “I’m not going back.”

            “Lot-“ Eleanor started, but Lottie shook her head.

            “I’m staying with Forest,” she stated, her voice firm. She looked over at me, noticing the uncertain look in my ear. “I am, ” she said, although she said it sounding more like a question when she looked over at me.

            I shook my head, biting my lower lip. “I’m sorry Lottie … I have to do what’s best for you,” I muttered softly, hating that I was saying the words. I didn’t want to say the words, not one bit, but I had to.

            “No, you don’t,” she replied, her voice shaky as she glanced over at Eleanor, who had a sense of sad hope radiating from her. “You can stay with me, on the streets,” she added, quickened and haste as I slowly shook my head.

            “Lottie, your family misses you,” Carly said, and if we weren’t in the situation we were I would’ve asked how Carly knew about the Tomlinson’s, or Eleanor for that matter. “You need to go back to them,” she added.

            “Forest, you’re not going to take me back with you when you leave?” Lottie asked, her voice of forced confidence. I nodded, my lip quivering against my will. “In that case, I guess I’ll just have to be by myself.”

            With that, Charlotte Tomlinson was gone. She was running out the store. Lottie was running away once again, but I hated that she had to run from me. I looked back toward Eleanor, and took in her shocked and grim expression, one that Carly closely mirrored.

            Despite all my good intentions, I knew Lottie didn’t want to go home, and I found myself muttering something from a movie she teased me about to no end. “Run, Lottie, run.”

Authors Note ~ Kinda short, I apologize. My AN shall be short as well cause I need to post this and go finish my HW, but I love y'all :D This is officially my most updated story, just saying ... so I hope you like it :D AND OMG, GUESS WHO FOLLOWED ME ON INSTAGRAM???   ... FIzzy Tomlinson!!! Lot's lil' sis and Lou's as well :D I was sooo happy! 

Anyway, I hoped you liked this chapter, and liked the twist at the end! As always, best comment gets the dedication. And don't forget to stay flawless ;D

<3

Luce