Chapter 1(Pilot)

Waking up this morning, I promised myself that this year will be different. This year is bringing something new, learning to trust and learn to be okay. I will not be the sad girl who lost her parents and was abused by her ex-boyfriend. This is my year to move on now that I am a survivor.

I get out of bed and go through the bathroom shared by my twin sister and me to take a shower. Once getting out, wrapped in a towel and brushed my teeth. I went to choose an outfit.

Walking into the kitchen, I hear Aunt Jenna "Toast

Walking into the kitchen, I hear Aunt Jenna "Toast. I can make toast."

I and Elena both said at the same time, "it's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna."

Jeremy walks in behind me, asking, "is their coffee?"

As Aunt Jenna walked around getting her stuff together for her big presentation, while we were drinking our coffee, she was trying to make sure we were good. Elena reassured her we were going to be okay. Jenna leaves since she was going to be late.

Elena looks at me and Jeremy. "Are you both okay?" I simply nodded at her as Jer rolled his eyes and said, "don't start."

~~

Bonnie came to pick up both me and Elena to go to school. Elena rode shotgun while I was in the backseat. Bonnie explained how she could be psychic. "​​So Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama, and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands... Elena! Ruby! Back in the car." Elena and I both looked at each other. Elena completely zoned out while I was listening, but was not responsive.

Elena and I spoke up at the same time. "We did it again, didn't we? We're sorry, Bonnie." Elena continued. "You were telling us that..."

"That I'm psychic now." Bonnie finishes.

"Right. Ok, then predict something. About me." Elena questioned.

"I see-" a bird hitting her windshield and her car drifting cut Bonnie off. "What was that?! Oh, my god! Elena, Ruby, are you both ok?"

"It's ok. We're fine." Elena and I assured Bonnie at the same time, trying to catch our breath.

"It was like a bird or something. It came out of nowhere." Bonnie tried to explain.

"Really, we can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of our lives," Elena explained for both me and her.

Bonnie exhaled and looked at both of us, continuing with her prediction, "I predict this year is going to be kick-ass. And I predict all the sad and dark times are over and you both are going to be beyond happy."

Once Bonnie gave us her speech, we continued our journey to school.

~~

I, Bonnie, and Elena are walking, as Bonnie exemplified, "major lack of male real estate. Look at the shower curtain on Kelly Beach. She looks a hot- can I still say 'Tranny mess'?"