Chapter 2 (The Night of the Comet)

I woke up this morning somehow knowing that now was different. I knew things were going to change for the better. Being in this good mood. I look in my mirror smiling. I go to my and Elena shared the bathroom to take a shower and do light makeup. Going back to my room to find myself an outfit.

Waking out of my room at the same time as Elena and Aunt Jenna

Waking out of my room at the same time as Elena and Aunt Jenna. Aunt Jenna stops us. "Ooh. Do I look adult? As in respectfully parental?" Aunt Jenna asked us.

Elena was one to answer with a question. "Depends on where you're going."

"Jeremy's parent-teacher conference. Hair up or down?" Jenna says as she stands in the mirror holding he hair up.

I respond before Elena "Sexy stewardess." Then she puts her hair down.

Elena responds before me this time. "Boozy housewife."

"Up it is. You two are feisty today." Jenna expressed, as both me and Elena looked at each other smiling.

"I feel good," I start.

"Which is rare," Elena says going based on me

"So we decided to go with it." Both of us said at the same time.

"Fly free, walk on the sunshine and all that stuff." Elena continued.

"You just made it weird," I said not completely feeling what she just said.

She looked at me smiling then looked around Aunt Jenna into Jer's room confused. "Where is Jeremy?"

"Oh, he left early. Something about getting to the wood shop early to finish a birdhouse." Aunt Jenna started until she saw the look on both my and Elena's face. "There is no wood shop, is there?" Aunt Jenna realized.

"No." Both I and my sister said shaking our heads.

~~

History class felt like forever hearing Mr. Tanner go on and on. Until he caught my sister and Stefan staring at each other. "Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration. Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" Just then the bell rang signaling it was time to leave.

Elena walked away from me with Stefan and I went outside to get some air only to see my brother walking toward Tyler Lockwood. To attempt to keep him out of trouble, I jog to his side "Jer he's not worth it don't do this. Don't start a fight you can't finish." I tried to get to him but it was too late we were in front of Tyler.

"Hey, Tyler. Hey, I'm sorry to interrupt. I was just wondering how, uh, Vicki's doing since you guys are so close. Is-is she ok?" Jeremy asks taunting Tyler.

"She fine. Now get out of here." Tyler responds without a care in the world.

"How bad is she? Is she... Do they know what attacked her? Is she gonna make a full recovery? Was she happy to see you? What room number was she in?" Jeremy kept going taunting Tyler.