𝟢𝟦 - 𝖦𝗋𝖾𝖾𝖽

[ Cassandra ]

After the party, I had gone back with the others in the van and crashed at John B's house.

 The drive was a tad awkward; Kiara and Pope both seemed pretty pissed off with JJ for using the gun and John B sat with an ice pack on his head in silence. We all pretty much fell into the chairs on the front porch as soon as we got there, asleep within minutes.

I look around now; JJ is on the other end of the sofa to me, hugging a cushion to his chest as he sleeps. Pope is snoring on the hammock and Kiara is curled into a ball on the opposite chairs, draped in blankets. I can't see John B anywhere.

Stifling a yawn, I sit up and rub my eyes. The sun hasn't risen yet so it must be before 6am. Careful not to stir JJ, I move off the sofa and wince as my bare feet collide with the cold wooden floor.

I tiptoe across the porch and slip into my shoes that I must have taken off last night. I walk across the grass quietly, with the intention to get home. I totally missed the 'family dinner' last night and I have no idea where Theo is. I didnt see him at the party so im hoping he went home beforehand.

"Sneaking off?" A voice taunts from behind me. I slowly turn to see John B sat on the edge of the van, a flask in his hand. In the eerie morning glow its hard to see his features but the bruising is very prominent.

"I gotta get home before my Dad wakes up," I explain.

"Need a lift?" He nods to the van hes perched on.

And have him find out im one of those hated Kooks? No thank you. 

"I'm good but thanks anyway," I say smiling "and cheers for letting me crash, you guys are all really nice."

"Yeah only to people we like," he smiles back "you're one of us now Cassie. Welcome at Hotel Chateau anytime." 

"I'm honoured," I grin "see you around John B." He nods as waves as I hop over the fence and make my way home.

-

The island is a lot smaller than it seems and I made my way back in no time, impressed with myself that I didn't get lost. Google Maps may or may not have helped me.

I arrive round the side of the house and see the back door is open. Marvelling at my luck, I slide through the door and shut it quietly behind me. I find myself in the kitchen and I glance at the clock above the worktop - 5:35am. 

Shit ok. Just find your room and lay in bed till everyone wakes up..

I walk along the corridor, desperately trying to remember my way around this house. I face a row of white doors, unable to recall which one is my room. Fuck.

I take a risk and push open the door on the far right, praying I haven't just walked in on my sleeping father. Luckily it's a bath room, an empty one. But it did jog my memory; my Dad definitely told me I have a room that connects to a bathroom, so I guess my room is the next one along?

I move backward, shutting the door carefully behind me, and turn around only to bang straight into someone. 

"Cass?"

"Theo?" I hiss "Thank fuck for that"

"Where the hell were you last night?" He questions, folded arms.

"Er its a long story," I say quickly "please Theo, which one is my room?"

"That one there," he points to the next door down "have you been out all night?"