Chapter 3: Cruel Dinner.

"Y/N? You there?" Aster's voice was heard.

Her head peeked into the dorm room. She stepped in quietly and saw me staring at the scenery. She then grabbed my hood and placed it over my head.

"C'mon now, I'm feeling better now. We can watch the sunset later. I have a good feeling the sunset will be mesmerising," She smirked lightly and placed her right arm on her hip.

"Sure... just don't grab my hood suddenly," I said.

"My bad, I'll admit I'm a bit goofy..." Aster scratched her head while giving an apologetic smile.

We both then went to the dinner area. The room was large and there were many long benches and many chairs aligned. There was a huge crowd gathered. It seems like there was a banquet happening soon.

"The younger ones will be in a separate room, specifically those 10 and under. We wouldn't want them witnessing what is happening with us teens. Of course, the older ones can join. I'll usually check up on them during dinner however, I'll be here with you." Aster explained. She had a concerned expression on her face and her brows were furrowed. Her arms were crossed and she was tapping her left foot rapidly.

"Well well well, looks like the new kid is here. How old are ya, hm?" Shouted a male voice.

He had blonde, short messy hair and blue eyes. He wore a red and white striped t-shirt with white long sleeves. He wore dark brown denim pants and black rounded spectacle frames and had freckles.

"...13" I replied. He seems kinda funky.

"I see... You seem older to me though. I'm Xavin, nice to meet ya." He bowed down with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too, I guess..." I just stood there not expressing anything.

"Pftt- Seriously Xavin? She didn't even bow back, HAHAHAHA." A female voice ridiculed him.

She had short, black hair forming a bob. She had curtain bangs and wore a white buttoned, short-sleeved shirt with a black skirt. She wore black Mary Jane shoes with white socks and a red tie.

"Ah... Where are my manners? Say, new kid. What's your name? I'm Erika, no need to be freaked out by him, yea? He's just a fun goofy dude. I'm glad Aster is with you though." Erika stood next to the dumbfounded Xavin.

"Erika... You look pretty," I complimented her. Her face instantly blushed red. She laughed nervously.

"O-Oh, thank you," Erika replied shyly.

"Say... Y/N. Do you want to have a sit?" Xavin asked.

I glanced at Aster who has been standing behind me by a few metres, leaning against the wall. She had a death stare, eyes gleaming with hatred and looked over her glasses. She crossed her arms and she looks like she has been observing the two people the entire time.

"Sure, with Aster of course. She's my guide," I replied to Xavin who soon had a shocked face. Erika just stood, there looking guilty.

"H-huh? With that murderer..? You're kidding right..?" Xavin said in disbelief.

"Y/N, just choose quickly. The headmistress is gonna come in soon. It's fine, you can sit with them." Aster urged me. She just smiled softly and was about to leave.

I stretched out my hand to grab her shoulder. Aster looked back at me and her eyes were big with surprise. Her lips were quivering slightly and her pupils were shaking. Tears started to form in her eyes. She then muttered something.

"Y-you really... Want to sit with me..?" She croaked. A single tear trickled down her left cheek.

"You are my guide after all. C'mon, let's sit down." I said while dragging her with me.