❁ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ❁

YOUR P.O.V

WORDS: 1156

TW: MENTION OF DEATH, ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES, TRAUMA

YOU DIDN'T KNOW HOW long you were in that room for

A few hours, at least.

But, you knew you had to start putting everything in action, rage fully inspiring you to conduct everything in your power.

You realized that that was supposed to be what you we're doing in the first place. But, it was only your life on the line.

Not your father figures' corpse and your mother's possible corpse lying in front of you.

If things weren't taken care of, the Zen'in Clan—and now, your father—would go after more people you held close to you.

You couldn't allow that in any way shape or form.

You had stopped crying, your eyes slowly drying up as you began to create a plan in your head.

You could still go with trying to "negotiate" or "give a truce" to the Zen'in Clan (which is not at all what was going to happen).

Satoru's plan to keep your club up and running was a good way to have the Zen'in Clan negotiate. When you all met up, you would talk about the "negotiation" and then ambush them.

It wasn't going to be that easy, and you knew that. But, you needed something to avenge your step-dad.

You were desperate, at this rate.

But, desperation could be the biggest weakness.

You looked to the side and stared at the blank computer screen, the scene of your step-dad being murdered was now branded in your memories.

The desperate sounds he let out was enough to make your stomach churn, making you almost throw up.

Suddenly, the door opened, revealing a tired Maki holding her phone.

You could tell she had been slightly crying, feeling empathy towards you as she had lost her mother.

You looked up at her, your dull e/c eyes replacing your usual sparkling ones. The inference making Maki's stomach drop and her heart sadden even more.

"I have something I want to talk to you about." Maki stated.

Megumi and Yuji both held hands, obviously mourning themselves as they used each other as comfort.

Nobara was rubbing your back slightly, her mind wandering off somewhere else as she stared into space.

There was a silent response from you, clearing your throat.

"Sorry, what is it?" You questioned.

"I may be able to track down the location of where that hard drive was made. Or even where the video was made." Maki stated, shoving her phone in her pocket as she slid her hands in as well.

"We already know who killed my step-dad. We just need to find a way how to lure them—"

"They're not gonna fall for that, Y/N." Maki interrupted, her eyebrows furrowing at your assessment. "They're not ignorant nor naïve. As much as I hate to admit it, they're smart. They won't fall for a plan such as that."

There was silence in the room, no other commentary from the three others in the room.

"What do you suppose we do?" You questioned. Your voice was slightly harsh, but Maki payed no mind to it.

"I have a friend who's able to do this stuff for a low price. Money, of course. Once we find out where this was filmed and or where the hard drive was created, we'll ransack the place or places." Maki suggested.

You hummed, your eyebrows slightly shooting up at her plan. There were holes in it, yes. But, they were valid and straight to the point.

Would it be better if you were able to lure them into your club? Yes. But, would it be more complicated and messier? Yes.

No plan was good when you were in a situation such as this one. There was nowhere you could turn to that would be full-proof or perfect.

There's no such thing.

Every plan you thought of to contradict Maki's, was full of holes as well.

You huffed, your mind becoming a normal state, but still covered with mourning and sadness. Your heart was heavy, wondering if your mom knew about what was going on.

'If she joined him maybe—'

You frowned at that, realizing she could already be dead.

You gritted your teeth. "Let's do it. Nobara,"

Nobara's head shot up at your tone, her eyes wide and waiting for your orders. "Call Satoru and his team, get him to meet us some place secluded so we can talk."

Nobara nodded hesitantly, looking at you with pursed lips and hurt eyes. You took her hand, squeezing it and smiling.

"Please."

Nobara nodded, furrowing her brows and standing up. She walked over to the desk, grabbing her phone and calling Satoru.

You looked at Megumi and Yuji who were looking back at you.

"I want you two to find anything you can on the streets. Any intel that could lead us to underground clan leaders and the assassin group. Of course, Satoru's team will be able to do this. But, it's better to get started then wait."

Yuji and Megumi nodded at you, replying with 'okay' and 'yeah'. Obviously, they were the same as everyone in the room, still reeling after seeing the death of someone so close.

Megumi had a different look on his face, this one more determined than anything.

Him and Yuji stood up, walking to the door and leaving the room.

Nobara left behind them as well, leaving to make even more calls.

It was just you and Maki in the room now, silence taking over the air like never before. Maki blinked, taking in your tired and defeated frame.

The raven-haired woman came over and sat by you, her figure adding pressure to the cushion beside you on the couch.

More silence was welcomed before Maki broke it.

"I'm sorry. For everything. I know you don't want yo hear that from me, but you need to hear something." Maki softly said, her voice low and saddened.

You looked at her and nodded, not complaining or arguing with what she said. Your lower lip trembled, as she saw your eyes become glossy.

Glass tears struck your face, illuminating in the light of the room. You refused to look at Maki.

A hand came up to your chin, gently. A little stroke coming into place that etched onto your s/c skin. You were so vulnerable.

Your face only made Maki sadder and angrier, practically fuming at her family.

And your biological father, of course.

You finally answered her question from earlier, breaking into slight voice cracks and a wavering lip. "You're right, you shouldn't be apologizing. But, I did need to hear that, thank you." You stated letting your head fall into Maki's chest, hearing her heartbeat hum near your ear.

"Don't worry, Y/N," Maki stated, allowing your eyes to slowly flutter close.

"I'll make the Zen'in Clan say 'sorry' to you."

——♔——