Chapter 7: Peace Talks

Taylor was in a pickle. Given what Ruby had said, he suspected that Yang and Blake might have gotten a low opinion of him. What he hadn't and couldn't foresee, was the two girls being so hostile that they had drawn weapons on him. He was worried the girls wouldn't like him, but now he apparently had his life to worry about.

"Ladies.....can't we just talk?" Taylor said. Resisting the urge to pee his pants.

"Relax, all we want to do is talk." Blake said. She didn't sheath her blade but she did move it away from Taylors throat. Yang stepped closer into view, her eyes a bright red.

"Ruby told us some interesting things about you.. Why were you trying to pass her off yesterday?" Yang said in a threatening tone.

Taylor put up his hands in self-defense. "I have nothing against your sister. I saw she had her eyes on Drew yesterday before Penny called her over. I thought she was more interested in him."

Yang raised an eyebrow. "So? Girls rarely get their first pick." Yang grabbed Taylor by his collar and lifted him to his feet. She stared straight into his eyes. "What are you planning? What's your angle?"

Blake seemed worried by Yang's aggression, but she didn't move to interfere. Taylor knew he couldn't talk his way out of this. Not that he didn't have a good explanation, but it was clear Yang wasn't going to believe him. He took a gamble to call for help, He shut his eyes and concentrated on his semblance. A bright flash of light appeared inside the cabin. Yang and Blake exchanged glances as they heard a commotion inside. Before Yang could interrogate Taylor about what he just did, Ruby burst through the door.

"Yang?" Ruby asked.

"Ruby?" Yang asked.

The siblings looked at each other confused for a moment. Then Ruby saw the predicament Taylor was in. Using her super speed, Ruby freed Taylor from Yang's grasp, and placed herself between them, arms stretched to either side.

"Yang! What do you think you're doing!?" Ruby practically shouted at her sister.

"We were just talking Ruby. I'm just making sure nothing is going to happen to my little sis." Yang said, she seemed affected by her sister's anger, but she stood her ground.

"Oh Really?" Weiss said as she walked out of the Cabin. "Then why did Taylor feel the need to send this?!" Weiss held up a small placard with just one word on it. [HELP]

Blake and Yang were stunned for a moment. Unsure how the message was sent, nor did they really know how they should respond. Taylor took advantage of the pause to speak.

"Blake held her blade against my throat and Yang looked like she was about to strangle me." Taylor said. He then retreated behind Penny, who had just walked out of the cabin.

"Girls! What were you thinking?!" Weiss said as she angrily approached her teammates.

Ruby lowered her arms. "I understand you're worried, but Taylor does not need to be put on a leash. Sure, he's weird but he's harmless. In fact, this stunt the two of you did probably made things worse!"

Blake finally put her sword away as Yang backed away from Ruby. There was silence for a moment. The girls all seemed to just stare at one another for a moment. Penny broke the silence.

"Why don't we talk inside over dinner?" Penny suggested.

-

Dinner was tense. Taylor hid behind Ruby, Weiss, and Penny. The trio had formed a sorta wall between him and the remaining members of Team RWBY. Blake had seemingly calmed down and she even looked a bit embarrassed at her earlier behavior. Yang's eyes stopped glowing red, but she was still clearly on edge. Everyone finished their meal in silence, then resumed staring at each other. It was again Penny that broke the silence.