30 | SACRIFICE

Avengers: Endgame Deleted Scene

October 2023
Avengers Compound, New York

Thor let out the first roar before everyone else yelled and ran forward to meet Thanos' army. The ones leading the Avengers on the ground were Captain America and Thor, followed by Black Panther and Echo. Iron Man was the first one flying, Spider-Man closing in as well as Star-Lord, one of Rocket's family, Dr Strange and Wanda.

The Thompson screamed taking down the first two rows close to her before saving the energy for combat. She snatched up one of the weapons that looked like a spear from the dead enemy and used that to help her fight.

Minutes into the fight she was separated from the people she knew, but she could feel them lingering because of the bond, present on the back of her head reassuring her as she fought.

She didn't know how it happened. One second, she was fighting one or two aliens, the next she was surrounded. Her head tilted in preparation before having to dodge several shots, blades and other attacks.

She saw the gun of a Chitauri and looked at it, her hand flickered and moved as if gripping something before she felt the particles of the wave around it vibrate at a wanted pace. She moved and sent a kick to another being around her keeping her focus on the gun. The tall creature looked down at the shaking gun confused before it exploded. The energy in it propelled around them hitting the other aliens around.

Rose went to the ground to avoid getting hit, some others did the same. She managed to kill some with that move but a handful of them remained. She moved the soundwaves to the ground as it began to shake distracting the creatures around her enough for her to slip out of the group and attack them from a different side.

It was not necessary as Mjolnir hit some of them before Steve landed where she had once been. As the hammer came back to him, he raised his hand to the sky, summoning thunder and lighting before bringing his arm down electrocuting the previous attackers.

"Always knew you could do that," Rose told him remembering when he had decided not to keep lifting the Mjolnir at the afterparty in the previous Avengers Tower. He smiled at her, his white teeth cleaner than any other part of his body which was filled with dirt and blood.

"You're doing okay?"

"Yes, you?"

"Yeah."

Rose looked around. "They just keep coming," she said tiredly as another bunch headed towards them.

"We'll just keep killing them," he stated twirling the hammer in his hand, with his broken shield on the other preparing for the upcoming fight.

Once again, they fought together a group of aliens. Typically, Rose would either weaken one with her powers before Steve finished it off with his new hammer or shield, or vice versa. He'd hit one with one weapon before Rose took out the weakened being with her sound. If not Rose used the spear killing them by herself as Steve used his own weapons.