10.

What is stronger than the human heart which shatters over and over and still lives...
-rupi Kaur

ALI'S POV

The moment I woke up and laid eyes on Ciara sleeping soundless beside me on the bed, the scenarios of yesterday night replayed in my head.

We ate dinner with Aaron's family,

Scolding Aaron for giving Manha too much sweets and chocolates,

Contemplating on how to spend the night in the same room,

Us coming to the conclusion that we'll share the bed like adults,

Isabel insisting on taking Manha,

Us letting her,

Having an awkward moment on the bed, before Ciara finally fell asleep and me following suit.

Now here we are, with me staring at her sleeping form like a creep. Few strands of hair fell on her face and my hand itched to move it out of her face. She stirred from the tickling so my heart got the better of me and I pushed the hair and tucked it behind her ear.

I sighed and got out of bed, going to the bathroom. I showered, brushed my teeth and changed into a black joggers and plain black T-shirt. I took a towel and went out of the bathroom to towel-dry my hair.

"Good morning, A." Ci greeted from her sitting position on the bed as she rubbed her eyes with both hands.

"Morning, Ci. Sleep well?" I asked, moving to the bedside table to check my phone for any calls or messages.

3 missed calls from Mom.

"What's up?" Ci asked,  looking worriedly at me and I blew heavy breath from my mouth.

"I don't know. Mom called me three times." I informed, dialing my mom's contact for a facetime.

She answered almost immediately and her smiling face popped up.

"Salam alaikum mom, how are you doing? How's dad?" I greeted while Ciara snuck to the bathroom to wash her face.

"We're good, we're good. How are Ciara and Manha doing? God! I miss my baby girls." My mom sighed and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Seriously, mom? And me?"

"Yeah, yeah. And you too." She waved me off, setting the phone down on.... something.

"Wonderful." I said, with as much sarcasm as I could muster that morning.

"A little birdie told me that you left for your honeymoon in Buenos Aires. And you didn't care to inform your mother?" She feigned hurt, clutching her chest.

"Oh, lord." I muttered, rubbing my face with my free hand.

"Explain yourself, boy." Mom commanded, sitting on a barstool. Seems like she's in a kitchen.

"Yes, mom. We flew to Buenos Aires to spend some time together so yeah.... you could say we're on a honeymoon." I said the last part quietly, not wanting Ciara to take it the wrong way.