22.

"Soulmates.... two halves of the same soul joining together in life's journey."
-Anonymous

CIARA

"You may now kiss the bride."

Where the fuck is Ali??

How could he miss his brother in law’s wedding?

How could he miss seeing me in my maid of honor dress?

After the Ceremony, everyone moved to congratulate the newly weds and get to the hall for the reception dinner while I tried Ali's number.

"Where the hell are you?" I fired the moment he answered the call.

"I'm right behind you."

I whipped my head around and there he was, standing in all his glory, with a huge smile on his face.

"Wow." He said as he took slow steps towards me.

"Breathtaking is not enough of a word to describe how you are looking right now." He complimented, taking my hand and twirling me, making me giggle like a teenager.

"Thank you. You also look good, A." I answered while he pulled me to him by the waist.

"Where have you been?" I asked him and he sighed.

"There had been an emergency at the company that needed my immediate attention. I'm sorry I couldn't reach here in time." He responded.

"It's fine." I stepped back and straightened my dress.

"Let's get going. The reception dinner will be starting any time soon and I can't miss the post-wedding photos with the newlyweds." I whined and he chuckled, hooking our arms.

"Let's go then, I'm sure our darling daughter is looking for us already."

___

The whole donner was coming to an end and everyone was just chatting with each other.

Manha was with her uncle Asad and didn't even look for either me or Ali.

Ali lead me to where his parents were and I immediately hugged his mom. Our mom.

She's been a mother figure to me as well for almost a decade now.

"Oh my. You look amazing." She complimented when I exchanged pleasantries with my father in law.

"Thank you. And you look stunning." I replied with a shy smile considering Ali's hand

Ali excused me to go talk to some guests together with Aaron and walked out of the ballroom to have some peace and quiet when someone pulled me into a corner.

"Wha-?" My questions died in my throat when I noticed the person who dragged me.

I yanked my hand out of his hold with a sigh.

I'm starting to get tired of all this drama.

"What do you want?" I asked, crossing my arms.