Chapter 4

Money was waiting outside Drill's apartment building when Drill finally showed up. Drill looked at Money sitting in the jeep and kept walking inside his building. Money spat the gum he had in his mouth out of the open car window and yelled out before getting out of the vehicle.

Money closed the door and ran after Drill before the door to the lobby of the building closed behind Drill. Money didn't lock his jeep or roll up the window. People in that neighborhood knew how Money got down and handled his business. Money may have only been 17 but his gun was mature and it spoke for him.

One time someone was actually stupid enough to key Money's car because the person hated the fact that Money had sexual relations with his girl. Money came outside one day and saw someone scratched his car. He asked the boys who were posted up on the block at that time who had done it. They thought being quiet was going to answer Money's question. Money pulled out a gun and shot the first kid he asked in the arm and waved his gun at the second kid repeating the question promising a gunshot to the leg for noncooperation. The second kid just saw his boy get shot but still thought he was tough because he was a runner for a big time drug dealer around the area. Money kept his word and the youngster went down holding his bloody ankle. The third kid told Money what he wanted to know. When Boosie, the drug dealer that the boys were on the corner hustling for, heard about it, Boosie came looking for Money but Money was busy taking care of the person that scarred up his ride.

Money came back on his block while Boosie was still there minus two workers that were in the hospital. Money rolled up in the same vehicle, saw Boosie, nodded then opened his trunk to show Boosie what he had in there. Money laughed and told Boosie that could have been your boys. Boosie took it as a threat at first but then Money laughed harder and Boosie realized Money was crazy.

Since then the rumor went around Money was not the one to mess with. Eventually that rumor went to the man that also had Boosie on his payroll, D-Boss. D-Boss was the real overseer of the block and when he heard what Money did, he started keeping an eye out on the young killer. Money's reputation proceeded him so Money was not worried about anybody being that stupid again.

Drill was already by his own front door by the time Money ran up and caught the door. Money caught up to him just as Drill was opening his apartment door.

"Yo, you didn't hear me calling you?" Money asked as Drill walked into the apartment.

Drill's mother wasn't home as usual working hard but she did leave some food in the refrigerator for him along with a note.

"What do you want?" Drill asked dryly taking out a plate wrapped in Syran wrap out of the refrigerator as he looked at the note that was on the fridge door.

"We got to go back out and see D-Boss," Money stated.

"Fuck no," Drill said unwrapping his plate of food which contained two pieces of chicken, some macaroni and cheese, collard greens and two dinner rolls. "I'm going to chow down and forget you ever drag me into this bullshit."

"Look, man, I told I will find a way to get you out," Money said. "But in the meantime while you're in, you minds well make some money or at least hear him out."

"I don't want to hear shit that nigga wants to talk about," Drill said putting his food in the microwave and pressing the minutes he wanted it nuked under on the machine. "My head is all fucked up. I was a damn wreck at practice. I was missing shots like I was Rondo with a bad knee. They was calling me Sprewell today. I can't go out like that."

Money leaned against the refrigerator. "You need to stop thinking like you're in high school."

"Hello, I'm in high school," Drill reminded him. "So are you or should be. I can't be out here running around the streets with you and now I'm a damn murderer."