Chapter 6

༄the first kiss༄

*third pov*

It has been a few months since Hailee and Jennifer became friends ever since then they had become inseparable. whenever their friend groups would hang out with each other you would always find the two in a corner in their own world talking for hours none stop. Hailee and Jennie couldn't go a day without at least FaceTiming each other, and today was no different the two girls were at jennies house. Jennifer was trying to teach Hailee how to bake. this wasn't the first time they were baking together. the first Jen tried to teach her how to bake they made chocolate chip cookies which is very hard to mess up but somehow when Jennie left to go to the bathroom for a few minutes she came back to see Hailee holding a baking tray with burnt cookies on it.

this time they were making something slightly harder but it was still easy. lemon cake was one of the things Jennifer never could get enough of so she was set on getting this right. "okay so now that we have turned on the oven you are going to beat three eggs together with, three-fourth cups of sugar, one teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt until it becomes a light yellowish color and fluffy. and while you do that ill wash the lemon and grate the peel off the lemon and then squeeze lemon juice out of it." the younger girl instructed the older actress, to which she nodded in response, before getting a bowl out and cracking the eggs into the bowl.

the girls had now put the cake into the oven and were now waiting for it to get done baking, so while the cake was in the oven they were cutting up some fruit and berries to have on top of the lemon cake together with icing sugar that is mixed with the lemon juice they squeezed earlier. but when Hailee was cutting up strawberries she accidentally cut her finger and started to bleed a lot which sent her into a panic mood. "oh god come here we need to stop the bleeding."Jennie said with a calm tone. When the bleeding stopped the younger girl went to her bathroom to grab a bandaid. " and there you go all good." the young dancer said while placing a small kiss on the other girl's hand, luckily for the actress, she didn't notice the dark red shade that had painted her cheeks.

Hailee let out a small thank you with a smile on her face while making eye contact with Jennie who gave her that adorable smile that she loves. before the two girls knew It they were leaning into each other, their lips less than an inch apart. until Hailee couldn't take it anymore and contacted their lips together. the kiss wasn't rough or anything, it wasn't like any kiss Hailee had, had with any guy it was soft and passionate. when the two pulled apart they just looked at each other for a few minutes not daring to speak for fear that it would make the situation awkward. but they couldn't stay like that forever even if they wanted to so Jennie cleared her throat. "um we should probably take the cake out before it gets burnt, like all the other things we have baked." she said a little jokingly which received a laugh from the older girl while nodding a little.

the two acted like the kiss didn't happen when they were decorating the lemon cake and to their surprise, it actually tasted good this was the first time something they baked together looked and tasted good. "it's official I'm the best baker in the world." Hailee exclaimed teasing the girl next to her. "in your dreams, Steinfeld let's not forget about when you burnt the chocolate chip cookies we were making it's literally one of the easiest things to make." Jennifer said teasingly which yet again earned her a laugh from the brunette.

when they had basically almost finished the whole cake they were stuffed and didn't want to move up from the couch but unfortunately, Jennifer's phone started calling and her phone was laying on the kitchen counter which made her groan in annoyance. when she looked at her phone she saw that it was her sister April who was calling her and motioned to Hailee that she would be right back.

༄❀༄

"so what was the call about," Hailee asked Jennie while looking up at the selling. "it was just April who was bored and wanted to annoy me, and then she asked me what I was doing and I told her that I was hanging out with you again and then she began to tease me about it." the dancer explained laughing a little by how her younger sister acted. "um yeah about that are we going to talk about the kiss we had or not." Jennie looked at her with confusion and then looked down at her hands. " well it didn't have to mean anything if you didn't want it to." she exclaimed and then a thick silence filled the room but was ruined by hailees laughter. "Jennie are you blind of course it meant something to me, I have liked you for so long now even before we became friends I liked you. I have always admired your personality to stick up to the people that you love."

"so does that mean I can take you out on a date tomorrow?" the younger girl asked with hope in her eyes. "yes yes you can, so what time are you picking me up," she replied teasingly. "calm down Steinfeld i haven't even though about that ill text you in the morning or later when i have figured it out." Jennie exclaimed to the other girl which she only hummed in response before they went back to just talking about anything and everything.

" Jennie exclaimed to the other girl which she only hummed in response before they went back to just talking about anything and everything