Blood+lust: Chapter 5

- CORRUPTED VAMPIRE -

Ziliana's Point of View

ALAM KONG darating ang araw na mangyayari ulit ito. The horror... the fear... and the hatred... It was all written in his eyes. Ah... It's been a long time since I've seen those eyes. I almost forgot how it felt. What does it mean when someone is scared of you?

"Isa kang halimaw! Halimaw ka! Halimaw!"

For a minute, I was lost in thought. Halos limot ko na ang pakiramdam na katakutan. And right now, bumalik lahat sa akin. The fear in his eyes while looking at me... The memory I buried along with him... came back...

"Are you okay?" I asked for the third time. Although my voice doesn't sound that worried, I tried my best to sound and act like it.

He saw it. I killed someone. A kid, to be precise. I bet he thinks I'm a monster.

But somehow, I was relieved. The one who attacked him was just a corrupted vampire. Not those who are after my life. Corrupted vampires are the ones who get thirsty and obsessed with blood from time to time, pagkatapos makagat ng isang bampira. That girl was long gone.

Nagiging corrupt yung mind nila pag nakagat sila ng isang bampira lalo na paghindi pure blood. Humans will die because of blood loss. Trying hard to survive and wanting to live, their minds got corrupt. Vampires are monsters by nature. They will be influenced by the instinct to survive, and it will keep them alive as well as thirsty for human blood non-stop. Like a zombie, but a vampire. Except for the fact that they are not infectious, don't eat human flesh, and are just after blood. But it will vary depending on how they consume blood.

This is bad. I can't use my power to make him forget about this incident. I covered my left eye with my other hand while still lending the other one to him. I looked down so I could avoid the look on his face. That horrified gaze... I don't even know how to explain why my eyes turned red.

It turns red whenever I use my strength. But after a while, it'll be back to normal again.

"You got hurt," I pointed out, not minding what he had said. "Come on. Let's go home first so we can treat your—"

"And then what?! You're going to kill my parents too?" The horror in his eyes was evident as he imagined me doing it.

Hanggang kelan ba siya matatapos sa pangangaway sakin? Bakit parang ang laki ng kasalanan ko para magalit siya sakin ng sobra? I sighed. Ziliana, be patient with him. You have to understand his situation. This is new to him, and his reaction is normal.