Chapter 1 -Avery and Emery-

Her P.O.V

I tried wiping the dirt off my older sister's face as we sat on the train headed to Quincy, the place we will finally find home, I could feel how nervous she's feeling as I clean her up, she needs to be presentable as much as possible since she's my favorite Female lead.

And yes you didn't hear it wrong she's the female protagonist of the novel I recently read before finally dying from overworking, Avery Reed as many female lead is a very beautiful lady, a Mary Sue, and a tragic beholder of every men's heart, with how she captured Walter Hudgens's the Head of doctors association, Timothy Reigne the Prince of Ravens, and Matthew Evan's heart a ruthless Duke of Quincy. The novel is a full pledged R-19 novel where abusive relationships, gaslighting, scheming and org* is a common thing they do to the female lead, I honestly dont like any of the male leads but I read it because I really like how Avery persist on her situation no matter what, her devotion and courage is what's get me going on the modern world where you can never find your place. Finally having myself put in the novel as the nonexistent twin of Avery made me want to have a purpose once again, and I've truly come to love this elder sister of mine.

My train of thoughts were interrupted with the honk of the train, indicating that we're finally in the suburban of Quincy the place we're our widowed Uncle Ed Roses lives, as per the novel its to be expected that he'll adopt Avery with hesitation then will come to love her as if his her daughter, though the only thing that did change is that he needs to adopt the two of us, whether he like it or not cause I'm here to protect my sister no matter what.

We got off the train with our little feet with me on the lead, Avery always scolds me on how i always act as the older sister when she's clearly the older one between us but I always grinned and still do it, having five siblings made me like this and its hard to get rid of such habit that I still do it until now.

I packed for us lightly knowing that we'll have a long walk, dressed warmly because of the snowfall about to happen, and finally brought food with every penny we have, this was all mentioned in the novel, with how Avery didn't realize that it'll be a long walk she hindered herself by packing her favorite stones---which is ridiculous actually---, dressed lightly cause she didn't have any clothes then sudden snowfall happened that got her bedridden for days, and finally some food cause I know how she suffered the one day long walk and especially there's the two of us.

I mentally prepared myself for our walk, then whispered to my sister, "it's going to be a long walk sister, try to be patient" my little Avery smiled nervously before nodding.

We started to walk and walk, I carefully calculated the time as we venture, for the first three hours of our travel Avery finally couldn't take it her knees gave up, the novel didn't mention this but I know that wounded feet is the reason, in our recent adoptive family we we're abused in a daily basis and my older sister always takes the spanking and mistreatment cause I'm the younger one she always insist that they should never ever touch me, with such compliance they just always hurt her that made me love and protect her more, I tried so many times to take on the whips and shouting but Avery always steps up, and even if I know foolish I could stop her with how she always insist that its her duty and she's willing to always protect me, and thus I'll do the same cause I never knew that such warmth exist to a siblings' relationship.

I heaved a sigh knowing her situation and sat beside her, "I'll carry you" I declared, she weakly shook her head not even having the strength to speak up, even with her refusal I positioned myself and carry her on my back, I threw away my luggage cause I really dont care to those stuff I own and I already predicted that this would happen I readied myself to not pack any valuable things, its just a props so I could say that I brought some things.

With me carrying my sister the journey became more bleak, yet not really cause Avery didn't really weight much, I inhaled the cold air as I step forward, walk some more until I felt no more struggle from my sister as she pass out, as such I also felt the blood from her back, I think her wound opened up again because of the journey, I need to hurry up!

Forward I pushed, this walk is nothing, I've experienced much more pain from my previous life, I must persist.

I'm not even aware anymore with how much time passed, I could already see the sun setting but at the distance I could see the big gate of the Evans' mansion, finally reaching it I carefully rummaged the letter from ou previous adoptive family, with the guards questioning and concerned look, I spoke in shivers, "Get Ed Roses here" I have no time to be polite as thus I get to the point, they crinkled there brows but still get into it seeing that the one whose speaking is a child no older than six.

Hurry up... I thought feeling my arms that about to fall off with fatigue, after ten whole minutes not setting down my sister nor sitting Ed Roses finally arrived.

"Who are you?!" he questioned, for a big burly man like him I can't even imagine how he'll take care of Avery or even that both of us, I cracked my neck feeling the weight of the luggage that hangs on my neck.

"Avery and Emery Reed, we're you're nephews, now old man get my sister!!!" I shouted annoyed and tired, a little taken a back there were silence for a minute, but I snarled.

"Adopt Avery if you're adamant to take me in, I don't care, I'll fend to myself by getting in as a maid but please take my sister" I begged yet I know that my voice didn't waver even a little bit.

He stepped forward then sat leveling us, he carefully took my sister, "No... I'll take you in now Avery and Emery Reed..." he whispered but enough for me to hear, I handed the letter to him with my sister on his arms.

"let's go and warm you up" he said also swooping me on his arms, when he did that I was a little perplexed but didn't realize that I fell asleep... Still the words for now rang on my ears, but I'm still glad.