Chapter 5 -Trip to Town-

Her P.O.V.

We finally arrived, the streets were loud, the laughter of the children were like music for the ears, some vendors shouting for someone or anyone to buy their product, it was a nice ambience, something i would not expect in a book like 'Avery' a R-19 book.

Nonetheless I still question how I got inside a novel like this, is god playing with me or did I fall into a coma? i will never know with my circumstances yet the only thing I could do right now is protect my sister Avery from all the upcoming situation that will lead her into a dark path like how the novel ended.

Imagining my golden haired innocent chick like big sister in a situation like that just angers me more.

As the Evan's estate is located at the mountains of Quincy it was quite a journey getting here but it was worth it, with thw ambience and the apparent smile on my sister's face.

Aunt Jane guided us through the crowded street, leading us to the stores for little girls where we could buy clothes and maybe some ornaments too, there was a glint of happiness as Avery skimmed through the pile and pile of clothes, there were some small trinkets too, Avery tried persuading me to try some bracelet on with her but I was adamant as I don't really like such big chunk of metal hindering my movement.

"Em, please for me~" she insisted, her lush emerald eyes sparkling with expectation, she was holding a matching necklace, some cheap looking emerald supported by a silver casket and silver chain, its a very small chunk of mineral but it do resemble the color of our eyes.

"So crude!" Aunt Jane huffed under her breath annoyed, but I kind of have a feeling that she just dont want to deal with a crying Avery, and so am I.

I didn't respond but instead took the necklace and then gestured on putting the necklace on her and she too did the same to me, I could almost hear aunt Jane sighing out of relief.

After that we entered a very fancy store, "Stay put, don't touch anything that seems to be of any value" Aunt Jane sternly told us, It seems to be that she was ordered to run an errand for the Quincy Household while she's out in town. We stood at the lobby, all of things were fancy and we we're given tea by the nice lady that attends to guests like us, I sipped the beverage and realized that it was my favorite tea, chamomile tea, something I usually drink when I get stressed at work.

I could feel my self smiling from the pleasant familiarity, and to not just enjoy it myself I put down the tea cup and looked at my sister "try it".

with both hands she reached for the tea and sipped, her face bloomed, it seems like we both like this kind of tea, my smile grew bigger.

Suddenly a loud scream was heard inside the room that startled Avery, almost spilling her drink, but then the scream was followed by a consecutive series of apologies, It was Aunt Jane, I sat there waiting for another commotion when my sister out of nowhere reached the door and got inside.

"What the fu--- AVERY!" I panicked. jumping down from my sit and following my sister, I could almost feel the panic the nice lady is feeling at the moment, but my main priority right now is to know what my sister is getting herself into.