CHAPTER FIVE, sophie's pov

I'd just been driven home from Biana's, and I wasn't tired just low energy.

It was about ten in the morning or so and I still had quite a few jobs to do. Since Grady and Edaline had a business where they fostered and rehabilitated exotic animals before they could be put into zoos there was always work to do. That was Grady's part of the business, Edaline was the one who fixed up the animals, which is what I tended to help with.

For the next few hours I was scooping up Lion poop, not exactly my idea of a good time, but I suppose it could be worse, at least it's not like the Monkey who pooped everywhere and then threw it at me.

Once I'd finally finished, I went inside and had a good king shower, I felt so gross after the lion clean up that I thought I'd never be clean.

I blow dried my hair and put it up out of my face so that it wouldn't get in the way.

underlined means keefe

italic means sophie

My phone dinged and I picked it up, a text from Keefe, hey

Hiii, what's up? I replied.

Not much, u? 

Same, I didn't really know what to send after, I had a really great time last night 

So did I   Please why did this basic normal conversation make me feel so nervous? I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime soon? He asked.

I smiled big enough that anyone would think I'm crazy. Yeah of course,  what do you want to do?

I was thinking we could go to the beach maybe? He suggested.

Ooh that would be fun, do you mean like with the group or just us? I asked in the non embarrassing way of asking; is this a date or do you just think I'd be a cool friend?

I'm cool with either, you can choose, he replied.

No you clueless guy! Now I have no idea what this is! Maybe just us?

I'd like that :) 

I pumped my fist, okay so it was a sort of date, not a friends thing.

I would too, I replied, "tmrw works for me! maybe around like 12? meet by the beach sign?

Sounds good, looking forward to it, he said. 

I sent a thumbs up in response, I totally had to tell Biana, I grabbed my phone and FaceTimed her. She'd want to hear all about it, she's sorta nosy like that.

The phone rang a couple times before she picked up, "What's up?"

"Oh my god, okay Keefe asked me out on a date I think?"

She fanned her face, "I knew it, ahhh I'm so excited tell me everything!"

So I did, she was maybe more excited that I was and that really said a lot.

"Okay so when is it?" 

"Tomorrow."

She nodded, "Okay I'm literally so excited!" She sounding like she was hyperventilating so she took a puff of her inhaler and her breathing slowed down. "Sorry just got too worked up, I'm totally going to be at your house tommorow and we're going to figure out your makeup and all that, it gonna be so awesome—"

"That's great, but we're probably going to go swimming at some point, I can't be out there looking like some type of demon when all my makeup starts running."

Biana looked like she hadn't thought about that, "Hm, fair point—WHAT?" Biana yelled at someone and there was a response I couldn't hear, "So sorry, Fitz apparently needs help with something, talk to you tomorrow. 

I threw my phone down on my bed, it was like 4:30, dinner would be in like an hour or so, I had nothing to do but plenty of anticipation. I spent the time until dinner watching a cheesy romance movie on Netflix.

Dinner was Pizza since Grady was out until late this evening and Edaline didn't feel like cooking.

I went to sleep right after dinner to pass time until my date, it was going to be awesome, I could already feel it.

Author's note: shfhsbsuana im so excited for the next chapter & am im literally the one writing it, chapters unedited btw.

also is there any specific scenes u want in this story, i'm just looking for inspo lol