CHAPTER SIX, sophie's pov

SOPHIE

"Okay so I'm thinking this bathing suit, she pointed to a black bikini, the top was one of the ones with the triangle boob holders (I'm so sorry I forget what they're called) and thong bikini bottom.

"Okay I like the top, but I'd feel a little uncomfortable showing that of my butt, I just don't feel like it's gonna be super secure you know what I mean?" I said.

She nodded and dove back into my closet coming out holding black bathing suit shorts. "How about these?"

Those were much better, I don't care about other people wearing bathing suits and clothes that showed a lot, but it just wasn't personally what I was comfortable with. "Yeah I like those."

She shoved it in my hand, "Okay now try them on."

I went into my bathroom and quickly changed and returned to my room. 

"Ooh I like it!" Biana said.

So did I, the shorts didn't come down super low which is good, they were definitely skintight but they were meant to be. I turned around to look at my butt, yeah it was a good length. "Yeah so do I."

ooo

I'd told my parents I was just going to the beach with Biana, I didn't feel good about lying but they'd have so many questions and would make it so embarrassing, Grady would drill me with questions and Edaline would stalk him online and be all sappy about it.

"Okay, so we're supposed to meet right there," I said pointing towards the big welcome to the beach sign with my bracelet adorned hand.

Biana pulled in rather aggressively. I really don't know who decided giving her a driver's liscence was a good idea, she's a maniac and it reflects in her driving. I'm actually half convinced she paid off the instructor to just pass her, she wanted to be able to drive her new jeep so bad.

"Okay, thanks for driving!" I said, hopping out of the car and onto the sandy sidewalk. 

"Anytime! You two should kiss at some point!" Thank god Keefe wasn't here yet, I think I'd die of embarrassment if he was.

I flipped her the middle finger and she did the same, but it was all in a light hearted manner.

I sat down on a bench and read on my phone, I was a little early to be fair, I was just paranoid that I'd show up late. 

At the moment I was wearing my bikini top and bottom as well as some ripped jean shorts and sandals. Somehow Biana put it together and made it look good and not like your grandma's friend Mary is off to the beach with her fourteen cats and embarrassing sun hat who considered FaceBook conspiracy theories to all be true.

"Hey," a voice said from beside me.

Keefe had just arrived right on time, he was clad in bathing suit shorts, a basic white t-shirt and sun glasses. He looked kind of hot to be honest.

I put my phone down and into my canvas tote bag I carried around, it was one Biana had gotten for me. "Hey, so, uh I don't go to the beach much, so what's the plan?"

"I'm thinking ice cream and swimming and very possibly roller coasters."

That was definitely a wide variety of options, "I just ate, and I don't want to have ice cream white yet or I'll feel gross when swimming."

"Good plan," He rustled around in his own bag and pulled out two ping pong paddles and a ball, "We don't exactly have a ping pong table here right now, but it's actually a lot of fun to play in the water as well."

"Sounds fun," I said, taking the lead towards the beach, since it was Sunday it wasn't as busy as it would be on Friday and Saturday. I put down my bag and sun glasses on top of it dangerously close to the water, but since it was still early I didn't want to go too far and have a lot of people in-front of us later.

I shirked off my Jean shorts and Keefe took of his shirt now only clad in his swim trunks, I looked away quickly and dashed into the water, it was slightly cold. "C'mon! It's not that bad!" I lied.

He ran in without checking the temperature, "Ah liar! It's freezing!"

"Okay maybe a little," I agreed. We were both about waist level, the water was deeper on me than it was on his giant self. "Ready?" I asked while getting ready to hit the ping pong ball over to him.

"Ready when you—ahh!" Smack.

The ping pong ball nailed him right in the face.

"Some good reflexes you have there!"

"We've been here like less than two minutes and you're already trying to murder me? I dunno if I should be honoured or offended, but  that has to be a record." He said causing me to nearly double over laughing. "I can see the headlines already; phsyco teenager murders date while playing water ping pong, now that's a for sure not how I thought today would go."

I kept laughing but my mind caught on one word, "So this is a date?"

He shrugged but I could see past the careful mask he'd crafted, I was pretty sure he was just as nervous as I was. "Only if you want it to be."

"And if I want it to be a date?" I asked, feeling bold.

"I like that option, let's go with that."

Authors note: if u think a plot twist is coming just wait till chapter seven lmao