Part 4

Ella's POV

I grab my guns and put them on my hips and thighs as well. I have a dagger by each gun. I look in the mirror and straighten my weapons. I nod and grab my bag. I go into my bathroom. I put all my medical stuff in my bag on top of my clothes. I put ammo ontop of those. Next, I go grab some canned food and a few protein bars, and jerky. I nod and orginize everything in my bag.

I grab a notebook and pen. I then write Lucas a note. -Lucas, you better fucking be okay. Remember what i taught you. Don't do anything that could be to dangerous. If i stay anywhere for a night or more i will put my tag on a wall. I will leave a spray can or paint marker. Leave your tag next to or on my tag. That way if i go back i can know you have been there. Stay safe, find a few good people. You will be safer in numbers. Love your badass sister.-

I grab all my spray can and paint markers and put them in my bag, besides a marker. I draw my tag on my wall and put the note taped on the wall next to it. I put the marker on a stool that I put by the wall. I grab my stuff and get ready to go. But when i look outside i realize how late it is. So with a sigh a put everything down. I lay down on the couch and slowly fall asleep. My dreams are plagued with screams and Lucas hurt.

I don't know what time I woke up at. But I woke up to Zombies banging on my door. I put my weapons on my body. And I put my duffle bag around my body. I look out the peep hole of my door and see a dozen zombies, or more. So i go to my fire escape window. I open it and get out of my apartment. I leave the window open a few inches. So a human can open it if they need to.

I start to climb down the fire escape before i stop and look at my apartment window. I remember how happy Lucas was when i had him move in with me. And all the times i helped him with homework. All the times i taught him to fight in the front room. I smile sadly, knowing this is probably the last time i will ever see this place. "New chapter, this time full of zombies." I tell myself as i get off the fire escape and land on the ground.