Part 15

Ella's POV

I pant as my back hits a tree. I hear zombies groaning, guns shooting, and humans yelling. It's been a week since I met the cannibals. And a few hours ago I ran into a group of very violent people. They had tried to take my stuff. But a small horde of zombies came out of nowhere. So I took off running. But one of the women in the group shot me. And I got hit. In the thigh. Right below my other gun shot wound.

I look out from behind the tree and see the zombies that followed me have doubled in size. I quickly take out a shirt from my bag and wrap it around my new wound. Then I take off running. I hear the gunshots slow down and the screaming slowly stops as I run away. I run though the morning and into the evening. More and more zombies join the horde. I run into a small city. I almost run past a ladder but I quickly stop and run to it. I climb up it just as the zombies reach me.

I take off my bag and drop my body onto the roof. I groan and unwrap my leg. I look at it and see no exit hole. "Noooooo, this is gonna be a bitch." I say as I grab my medical supplies. I pull out my tweezers and a bottle of vodka. I pour some on the tweezers and onto the bullet hole. I quickly but carefully dig in and grab ahold of the bullet. I pull it out and clean the hole again. I then stitch it up and wrap it up. As I finish I check my other bullet holes.

The other bullet wound looks alright so I wrap it back up and put a new pair of pants on. I crawl over to the edge of the building to check for zombies. I see a shit ton down there. "Alright. I'll tag the building in the morning." I tell myself. I scoot back to my bag and pull out a jacket and a blanket. I use the jacket as a pillow and I put the blanket on myself. I sigh and lay down. I look up at the sky as stars take over.

"Lucas, you better be ok you little shit. If you die before me. I will bring you back to life as a human. Beat the shit out of you. Then kill you again." I tell the sky. Hoping Lucas can hear my threats. I sit up and pull my bag over to me. I pull out a flashlight and a water bottle. Then I pull out a few protein bars. I take a few sips of water and eat the protein bars. After I finish I lay back down and slowly fall asleep.