4 | The Dangerous Girl

Delice, Lady, Nasya, and Syifa were following the woman ahead of them. They entered an alley that leads to an abandoned forest. The farther they walk into the forest, the more dead the forest becomes.

"Hey...come to think of it, you were right. The plants here are all dead," whispered Syifa as she was walking behind the woman with her friends.

"Well, that's what's unique about DG Town. Every place has its weirdness," Lady responded.

Nasya turned her head towards her. "Weird?"

"YES, weird!" Lady whisper-shouted.

"Not weirdness, legend," Delice interrupted.

"Uhh...I wouldn't say that every place has its legend, 'weirdness' fits better," said Lady.

"That's not what I meant!"

"Then what!?" the others asked.

"Just look!" Delice pointed to a flag. A flag with a blue star painted on it. The question is, what's the meaning of that blue star? That blue star is the symbol of the Dangerous Girl, the person who destroyed the city long ago.

Lady, Nasya, and Syifa gasped, fear rushed through their veins, as their eyes landed on the waving blue-starred flag.

"That's the Dangerous Girl's symbol!" Delice said.

"This isn't real. It can't be real! The Dangerous Girl doesn't exist. It's just a legend, a made-up story for kids!" Nasya complained. "Not to mention to add more chapters to the history lesson," she added.

"Legends can either be real or not. If there's something from the legend that is true, then there's a possibility for the legend to be true!" Delice said.

"Great. You just said that legends are just legends this morning, and now you say that there's a possibility for a legend to be true," Nasya said sarcastically.

"What did the legend say about the Dangerous Girl again?" asked Lady.

Syifa raised her hand excitedly. "Oh, Miss Arasha just taught me about this. It says that the Mysterious Masks lost as their leader was killed, while the girl with powers who destroyed most of the town was imprisoned in a mansion in the middle of the woods. Then, she became known as the Dangerous Girl and the town where she was imprisoned became known as Dangerous Girl Town which matched the name of this town, DG Town," she retold what her teacher taught her.

"Hey...I think this is somehow connected to that old rhyme I couldn't understand," Delice spoke up.

"What does it say?" Nasya asked.

"It says 'In the woods where everything is dead, don't you dare take a step ahead. If there's a flag with a star painted on it, the time has come for you to submit.' " explained Delice.

"The woods where everything's dead? A flag with a star? Doesn't that sound like what we were just passing through?" Lady wondered.

"The point, pals! What's the point?!" Nasya pressed.

Everything went silent for a moment.

"That woman over there," Delice pointed at the woman who was walking ahead of them. "Believe it or not, she's the Dangerous Girl and she exists."

"WHAT?!"

They didn't realize they were talking so loud that the woman heard them. She stopped and turned herself around.

"You figured it out, didn't you?" asked the woman, which is the Dangerous Girl.

"Uhm...I think that's our cue to...run?" Nasya whispered, already turning herself around.

Delice, Lady, and Syifa looked at her questioningly.

The Dangerous Girl sighed and said, "You're free to go if you don't want to come with me. I can look for someone else."

The Dangerous Girl turned around and continue to walk, leaving the four best friends behind her. The four girls just stared at her.

They looked at each other when suddenly, Delice shouted. "Hey, wait! At least tell us, why do you need our help if you're the great and powerful Dangerous Girl?" she reached out her hand.

The Dangerous Girl turned around once again. "If you don't mind, I think it will be more comfortable if we talk in my place," she said.

The girls thought for a moment and then they nodded.

"Lead the way!" said Delice.

And so, they continued their walk to the place that is called Dangerous Girl's Mansion. A legendary building that was used to imprison the Dangerous Girl herself ever since the Mysterious Mask lost the battle years ago.