𝓕𝒶𝓁𝒶 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒽ℯ𝓇 𝒻𝓇𝒾ℯ𝓃𝒹𝓈

3

They say pregnancy is a horrible thing for women. That it destroys their body forever, It makes them looked older, or fatter.
But for Arice, for Arice her pregnancy was a blessing.
She gained weight, which she loved, and now was very excited that she isn't a skeleton anymore.
Her cravings made her eat, thing that she did pretty rare, due to her mental state.
It also made her much emotional. Which again, other people dislike. But Arice liked it. She never knew how to expres her feelings, but during her pregnancy, her eyes and mounth spoke without minding the brain.

And sometimes she stays and thinks. How would Fala's life be like if Arice raised her together with Japeth?

Would she be happier?
Stronger?
Colder?
But the truth is
That Japeth would have never loved Fala.
Japeth didn't give Arice his blood because he wanted a family.
Or a child
He didn't care about bloodline or relatives or anything love/family related.
It's true
That he felt something for Arice
Fala was a gift
From Japeth to Arice
Nothing more for him.

He was dead anyways.

Arice closed the door as Fala left outside to play.
One of the only things she got from Arice, was that she couldn't make friends.
Fala didn't really have any friends.
But she had one.
One which she loved so much.
Fala's best friend was a great listener. A very good companion, that she could take anywhere.
Because Fala's best friend wasn't a human. But a slimy little creature, that she knew since she was born.
A scim.
Named by her:Lucifer.

"where do they come from?" she asked Arice with big eyes, when she saw Lucifer for the first time.
But Arice didn't have any answer either. After Japeth was executed, they just came here, roaming around their house.

"My mother has one too" she told her desk mate when she asked about Luci. "Hers is named Anubis. It's family tradition, I guess" Fala said rising her shoulders.

Fala wasn't very much like Arice. She got very few things from her.
For example her nose. Unlike Japeth, who had a somehow wavy nose, Fala's was small and perfect.
Her skin too, isn't Japeth's. Fala can tan. She just doesn't like to.
And her smile.
Well Arice wasn't very sure about this one. But she barely saw Japeth smiling, so she asumed Fala had her smile.

***
"did you know that injecting snake venom into our blood, a little by little, can make us imune to it in the future?" Coleen asked Fala.
"if i didn't know you better, i would say that you're already looking for someone to try it on"

Coleen looked at her with his rabbit theet and smiled with sparkly eyes.
"i won't help you with that"
Coleen was Alice and William's only child. He was younger than Fala, being only eleven, with an excelent mind and red hair.

"also did you know that red hair is recessive? This means that both you and me only had 50% chances or less of being gingers, since one of our parents has blonde genes and the other ginger ones"

"i am not ginger" Fala said low.

Coleen gazed at her wavy curls. "yes, you may be right" he said with that face.
That face which he makes when he discoveres something. Big eyes full of sparkles.

Fala just looked at him with a weird face. On her neck crawled a scim.
"Luci!" she said happy when she sensed the little creature. Her mood changed to better, taking the eel in her palm.

"this little Lucifer is also very intriguing" Coleen started.
"where did it came from? I've never found a creature like this in my books. What is it and how does it understand you like him? If it is some type of snake, It can't love you, since snakes can't feel love because they miss that part of the brain. But i would like one of those too" he continued while Lucifer moved from Fala to his hand.

"i told you already. I don't know where he came from. It's a family thing"

"then there should be one for me as well. Or not..?"

"it's from my father's side of the family, so i doubt it"

Silence.

"Fala?"

"what?"

"we are cousins. We live in the same house"

"and?"

"you never talk about... Well... About you. Your friends. Your father. Your life at all"

"you're always reading so-"

"yeah i know i know. But I thought. Aren't you curious?"

"curious about what?"

"Why don't you have friends? Or what happened to your father? Where did Lucifer came from? Are we Good, or Evil?"

"i don't have friends because i don't want to. Friends are a waste of time. They can betray you anytime, no matter how long you've been known each other. I told you, my father died. Before I was born. Lucifer had something to do with him, i am evil and you are good"

Coleen looked at nothing for some seconds.

"in a week is the kidnapping night! Maybe they will take us, from Foxwoods"

"Coleen, you are eleven. And there are so much rulers and famous people here, why would they take us?"

"You are always so dull! It doesn't matter if we are rich or famous! Fairytales are the ones making us famous! What if everyone who got into The School for Good and Evil was already know? It wouldn't have any beauty!"

"I am happy here. I don't need a fairytale, a legendary school, a father or friends. I only need mother"

"and what will happen when Arice will die? I know this isn't a good subject, but someday, in 10, 20,30 years she will die. What are you going to do?"

Fala looked at the dark sky. "i will die too"

"aren't you curious? Who is your true love? Is there any grand future waiting for you? And what if aunt will find someone else? Another man?"

"Mom is my true love. She loves me and I love her. And she would never betray father."

"he's dead"

"but they never broke up, so... Look Coleen. You always have questions and ideas. And i like it, you are smart. But the bright future, the princes and princesses and legendary schools are for you. I will die here, at peace, after living a quiet life"

 I will die here, at peace, after living a quiet life"