001

Amaryllis's POV

Today is the day. Today is the day I'm officially moving to Arsenal. It all feels so surreal, like I'm floating outside my body. My alarm has just woken me up so that I'm not late to Arsenal grounds to sign my contract. It wouldn't be a great first impression but then again I would not put it past me.

I get out of my bed and start my usual morning routine, with some music playing in the background to calm my nerves and also make my morning less dull. My maltipoo Leo (named after Leonardo DiCaprio because I'm never getting over Jack in Titanic) came running into my bathroom, oddly hyper. At least one of us is in good spirits.

Once I finished getting ready I made breakfast, for Leo and I. I kept it very light, scared I wouldn't be able to stomach it because of nerves but Leo on the other hand didn't. For such a small dog, he can eat so much. But it's what I love about him, but I can't say the same for my bank account.

I head out, giving Leo multiple kisses before I left. If I could, I'd stuff him in my shirt and take him every where. When I tell you, he's better company than some of the humans I've met, I'm not joking. I see a few texts on my phone from my old club mates at Man United. But the ones I notice immediately were from Less and Tooney. My bestfriends since we were 10. The hardest part of leaving United was leaving them. My soulmates. But I knew that when the offer came from Arsenal, the club I've loved since childhood, I couldn't decline. Especially because my dad is a die hard gooner.

The Mighty Trio😎

Less💞
Hey Rylo, you're gonna smash it!

Tooney🤓
She's defo shitting herself🤣

Me
Thankyou so much Less. Tooney I hate you.

Less💞
Ella be nice.

Tooney🤓
Jk.
But seriously you'll be fine Ryles. They'll love you

Less💞
Let's not make you late. Love you

Tooney🤓
Love you Rocket

Me
Love you both too❤️

I love them. From all the years we have been together we have been inseparable. Along with those years came a few nicknames like Rylo, Ryles, and Rocket which is Ella's favorite. She gave it to me when we had shooting practice a few years back and it's just stuck.

Starting the car up, I made note of making sure to call my parents. So I rung up my dad whilst I reversed out of my apartment car park and made my way to London Colney. After a few rings, dad finally picked up.
"Bom dia minha flor, como vai você?"
(Good Morning my flower, how are you?)My dad asks me. We usually speak in Portuguese as his English isn't perfect still but I think the language and culture is beautiful so I'm very thankful I speak it. I was raised speaking four languages with a Portuguese dad and a Greek mother, I then learned English from being born in England. And then French, because my parents met in Marseille and that's what they speak to eachother. Subtle flex, I know.

"Eu sou um bom Papa, só um pouco nervoso. Estou conhecendo todas as garotas hoje, conheço algumas delas do Acampamento da Inglaterra, mas não todas." (I'm good dad, just a bit nervous. I'm meeting all the girls today, I know some of them from England Camp but not all.)
I answer truthfully. We have a very transparent family and have always been open with our feelings. That's why we are so close.

"Não sei por que você se preocupa tanto. Eles vão te amar, você é incrível." He replies.
(I dont know why you worry so much. They will love you, you're amazing.) For some reason I never believe people's compliments, especially from friends and family. I always feel like they are obliged to say these things, by love. Maybe that's stems from my insecurities or maybe I just see reality for what it is.

"Thanks Papa. I love you." I reply, pulling into London Colney. "I'm at the grounds now so I'll speak to you later" It was not a long drive as I made sure I chose an apartment close to the grounds.

"Tá bom então, meu amor. Certifique-se de ligar para sua mãe mais tarde. Eu sei que ela mesma vai querer ouvir você. Eu também te amo." (Ok then, my love. Make sure you call you mother later. I know she will want to hear from you herself. I love you too.)

"I will. Don't worry. Bye Papa." I cut the phone after this, knowing he won't be able to himself. Both my parents are shit with technology but it's funny and cute.

I undo my seatbelt, simultaneously letting out a big sigh. I mutter some encouraging words under my breath to myself before opening up my car door and heading in.

The building was beautiful, very spacious and modern but also very welcoming, like home. I make my way to the receptionist who gave me a smile letting me know she knew who I was and was expecting me. I reciprocated the smile as I said, "Good Morning, I'm Amaryllis. I'm here to sign my contract."
"Yes, we have been expecting you. Right this way Amaryllis." She led me through the building, making some small talk which I didn't mind, so long as it wasn't awkard.

As we turned a corner, we were met with a corridor with a large glass wall with a door, revealing all the arsenal players in some sort of lounging area. I gulped. I immediately made eye contact with Lotte as she noticed me first. Lotte and I are quite close so I gave her a wave. This whole altercation was very daunting, but of course you can count on Beth Mead to diffuse any tense situation, who shouted "Rylo!" with a big wave. This made me laugh and wave back. Whilst I'm glad to have a laugh, this caught the attention of everyone, who were now staring at me.

Including Leah Williamson. The one person I've been most nervous to see again. The one person I'm hoping to avoid the most.

The receptionist who was onlooking with a smile sense my nervousness and led me towards an office.

Thank.

God.

There, I'm met with Jonas, the head coach and a few other Arsenal personnel, most likely higher ups.

"Welcome Amaryllis. It's great to finally have you here."

First chapter. Done. I hope you like it, More to come. In case you're wondering how to pronounce Amaryllis, it's Ah-mah-ree-liss. I decided to name her after my fav flower but she does have a lot of nicknames, like Rylo, Rylie, or Ryles.