004

Leah's POV:

This is going to be much harder than I thought. She's everywhere. Her laugh, her voice, her presence. No matter how much I try to ignore her, or avoid her, she's always there. When we bumped into each other, it felt like I spent an eternity we were stood there.

"There is no us anymore." It plays over and over in my mind, when it shouldn't be because ultimately I made the decision. Whether it's the right one, I don't know. At first, it was good between Jordan and I, but now we seem to argue about everything. When it's good between us, it's so good. But when it's bad, it's so terribly bad. And right now, it's worse as it's ever been. Honestly, I can tell she's just as sick of it as I am, but I feel like we love each other too much to call it quits. It's the step one of us needs to take, but I don't know when or how. And I don't think Amaryllis' transfer has made anything better between Jordan and I either, in fact it's made it worse.

If I were to break up with Jordan, I feel like it won't be because of Rylo essentially, her transfer was just the tipping point. Jordan deserves better and so do I. I want to give her the chance to find someone else who can treat her well. People just fall out of love and I think that's just what happened between us, but I will always still care about her and have love for her, maybe just not in the way that she or I would want me to.

I'm sitting in mine and Jordan's apartment watching Lord of the Rings for the millionth time,when I get a text from Katie.

Katie🇮🇪💪
Hey, wondering if you and Jordy would like to come round Rylo's house. She needs some help with her apartment and we wouldn't mind and extra pair of hands.

Me
Uhm sure. Lemme ask Jordan if she wants to come.

Katie🇮🇪💪
Great. Let me text you her address. Be there at like 7
*insert address*

Me
Thanks Katie. See you all soon

Fuck. Why did I say yes? I'm going to regret this but I've already said yes so I can't cancel now.
"Jords, can you come here for a second?" I shout to Jordan in the kitchen.
"Yep. One second." She replies. She comes and sits next to me on the couch.
"Katie asked us to come round Amaryllis' apartment to help her build stuff. I said yes but do you want to come?" I say, slightly nervous for some reason.
"Sure. I don't mind. We have nothing planned for tonight anyway." She says softly with a smile.
"Great. Katie said be there at like 7. It's 6 now and her house isn't too far so we can just chill for a bit."

I have absolutely no idea how tonight will end. That's the thing with Amaryllis. She's completely unpredictable.

———————

Amaryllis' POV

I've finished putting out some snacks and drinks on the island just incase everyone gets hungry. As soon as I got home, I took a shower, changed into some comfy clothes but nothing I wanted to get dirty as I wanted to paint too. Most of the decor has arrived for the apartment , I also brought some stuff from my apartment in Manchester.

Before I knew it, it was almost 7 so I knew the girls would be arriving soon, so whilst I waited for them,
I just sat down in the living room scrolling on my phone. I texted back some family I haven't been in touch with as much as it's been a hectic few days. I also FaceTimed my brother and sister. I should be seeing them soon and,which has become easier as since I've moved to London, I'm only a 20 minute drive away from them and 30 minutes away from my parents.

I think that was one of the cons of living in Manchester. I was so far away from my family, but being closer to them also encouraged my move to Arsenal. Plus I get to see my nieces and nephews so that's always a pro.

Before I knew it, I got a text from Katie saying they were here so I went downstairs to go get them. Katie, Beth, Viv, Caitlin, Lia and Lotte were stood there with smiles on their faces.
"Thankyou guys so much. Come on let's head up."
Light-hearted chatter spread throughout the group and a bit of banter as I walked beside Beth.
"Where's Leah and Jords?" Lia asks.

What.

"Oh Leah texted they're 5 minutes away, so they'll be her soon." Katie replies as we finally reach my door. Why would Leah agree to come?
I let them in and they all seem rather astonished at how big it was, which was expected as it doesn't look as big from the outside.

"Make yourself at home you lot. There's some snacks and drinks on the table if you want. Let me bring out the furniture and all the boxes and also feel free to put some music on too." I left to the storage room where I kept most the parcels and boxes. When I returned I noticed Katie wasn't here.

"Oh where's Katie gone?" I asked confused carrying a box which Viv took out of my hands, giving her a smile as she did. Lia and Caitlin began to help me carry out some boxes too. Lotte connected to my Alexa and music travelled around the house bringing up the mood which put a smile on my face.

"She went downstairs to get Leah and Jords." My stomach twisted into a knot. What game is Leah playing at? She ignored me pretty much all day but  she still agreed to help? I just don't understand her.

I tried to forget that Leah wasn't already on her way up and distracted myself with taking more boxes out of my storage room but that ultimately failed as I heard a knock at my door.

They were here. Leah was here.

"I'll get it!" Lia shouted. Honestly I didn't want to leave the storage room. I heard them enter and say hello to all the girls. Im guessing it was Leah who asked, "Where's Rylo?" She called me Rylo. I haven't heard her call me that in years.

I genuinely contemplated hiding in between these boxes but I knew that I couldn't avoid her when she was literally standing in my home. So with as much confidence as I could muster, I walked out into the living room holding a paint can.

"Hi Leah. Hi Jords. Thank you so much for coming." I say. I still don't get why they agreed.
"Yeah no problem." Leah replied with a smile.
"Right. There's no rush obviously but let me know when you guys want to start. I'm gonna start mixing the paint." I said walking to my room, as I took off my hoodie so I don't get it dirty, wearing a plain cami top underneath.

I also put my hair up into a bun. Having curly hair is a struggle within itself, I can't even imagine the pain of having to wash paint out of my hair. It can be tedious at times but I still do love it though. Some baby hairs and curls fall loose in front of my face as they are too stubborn to stay up into a bun but it still looked nice.

I walked back out to mix the paint to see the girls already unboxing the parcels. Beth whistles when she sees me which catches the attention of the girls and they start to laugh, throwing around comments too. I don't even want to know how hard I am blushing right now especially when I see Leah on the couch staring directly at me. I'm unable to decipher what that look meant. Again I felt like it was only us in the room. Somehow I tear my eyes away from her, and get back to the paint and go to the far end of the living room. I lay down some cloths on the floor so paint doesn't get onto it and start mixing the paint.

I can hear someone walking up to me, and I already knew who it was. "Do you mind if I help?" She asks.

"Sure." I say meeting Leah's blue eyes once more.

————————

Not sure if I'll get another chapter today as I've got a lot of work to do today, but I'll get some chapters out throughout the week. I'll most likely have more frequent updates on the weekends.
Also I just wanted to say thankyou as I literally started this book yesterday and it already has 500 reads????? THANKYOU SO MUCH
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter xxxx