Normalcy In A Strange Place

Constant Reminders

Unspoken Wishes, Long Gone

Youth Forever Lost

You leaned against the wall across the hall from your apartment and watched the men move your new furniture into your apartment. You let out a tired yawn from the lack of sleep the night prior. You indeed stayed out with Ginger until the young girl decided she was tired. She went home but you stayed behind.

You waited for the sunrise. You waited to see the beautiful light emerge from over the hill tops. You ended up spacing out and instead realized that the sun had simply risen. It's light shined down upon the building while the protective shading casted a shadow over your body.

Having nothing else to do, you got dressed and went off to eat breakfast at a nearby diner before heading to the local furniture shop. They were kind enough to deliver your new possessions for a fee. It didn't matter.

Everything had a fee. A price. It was simply the matter of whether or not you were willing to pay. Some people had a choice. Others, like yourself, were cursed to always pay. It didn't matter with what.

This time it was money. But the next time?

Carmen: Nice couch.

You rolled your head to the side and watched as Carmen and, what you believed to be, the final sister of the family next door. You recognized her as the girl who was reading while her sisters were playing.

Carmen: You know, Robin said you were 18, and Scarlet said you were 18, but there's a lot of things telling me that you aren't really 18.

You raised a brow but said nothing.

Rose: You're well off.

You looked to the younger girl

Y/N: Pardon?

Rose took a step forward, her hands folded in front of her. She reminded you of an old woman you knew a long time ago. Very well mannered for someone her age.

Rose: I said you're well off. You're 18 yet you have your own apartment and a slew of new furniture. You also have plenty of tattoos which are expensive as well. In addition, your car looks like you keep good care of it and it still runs so you've spent a good amount of money in it.

You stared at the young girl speechless. You looked up, then to the side. She was quite observant for her age too.

Carmen: So, who did you kill for that inheritance?