Chapter 14

Third POV

Percy ducked under a spinning kick and back, hand stand flipped over a low kick. The second he landed an infernal was on him, breathing fire into his face. Percy, being resistant to fire, felt nothing and lit his own fist a flame. He hit the demon with a mean right hook and followed it up with a left uppercut. He then Spartan kicked it in the chest, adding a bit of hellfire to the sole of his foot. Flames exploded from the impact and sent the infernal into a wall.

Another one tried to sneak up behind him, but he senses that attack and ducked under it. He spun around and punched the humanoid where it's ribs would be. Percy then hit it with a three piece combo. A jab to the chest, a left hook to the neck and finally a right hook to the temple, which knocked the top of its head off and killed it. Summoning a black and burnt chain, Percy whipped it around, kill two more. He then threw it at the last one, having it wrap around the infernal's neck.

"Get over here!" Percy exclaimed as he yanked the demon toward him. Once it was close enough, Percy uppercut the demon with a flaming fist and killed it. After making sure that was the last demon, Percy dismissed the chain and allowed the fire on his fists to dissipate. "You coulda helped." He said. "Why? You had it under control." A woman said, dropping down in front of him. She was taller than him and obviously older as well. She has short black hair, a scar going across the bridge of her nose, one red eyes and one blueish green eye.

The woman is dressed quiet skimpily, but it didn't seem intentional. She wears a schoolgirl outfit with a short white blouse that bares her midriff and sleeves that reach just past her elbows. The skirt appears to be made of protective plating and she has a utility belt to hold gun magazines, with dark black/purple shorts underneath. Her body was also covered with guns and ammo with a rocket launcher strapped to her back.

"You wound me Lady." Percy said. "Awww, poor baby." Lady teased. Percy huffed. "So, you got me a job. I'm gonna assume you want a hefty cut." He said. "Damn right." Lady nodded. Percy shook his head. "Fine. Guess I can give you a cut." Lady smirked. "Right after I deduct how much you owe me." Percy said and her face fell. "What?! Oh come on!" She exclaimed in frustration. "Help me out here." Percy laughed and walked away. "Hey! Get back here!" She yelled. "Alright, how about this. If you hunt down the rest of the demons in the area while I get rid of the hell gate, you can get half."

Lady agreed and left him to deal with the hell gate and any demons protecting it. He made his way out of the tunnels and was now in an old style western town. It was short lived as the hell gate sat at the edge of the road. The hell gate stood as tall as his apartment building, towering over the houses and has a huge line of fire going down it. As Percy walked closer, a giant demon jumped from the gate. His landing make the ground shake from the force.

The demon walked forward, his very presence setting the wooden houses and shops on fire. Percy and the demon walked past one another, seemingly ignoring each other's very presence. That is until Percy stopped and took out Rebellion, setting his guitar case down. Percy swung the blade in a wide arc behind him, using so much strength that it sent a crescent shaped shockwave of air that extinguished the flames. The demon stopped and turned.

Percy stood there with his sword on his shoulder and a smug smile on his face.

"Sorry, but it was getting real hot and I burn easy. Never tan though." He said. "Hmm. You smell, of the traitor." The demon said. Percy's smile turned tight as his eyes turned black, burning like hot coals. "Heh. Haven't heard that since I killed Mundus." He said. "You? Killed Lord Mundus?" The demon said questioningly. "Yea, what? Gonna run home?" Percy teased. The demon looked to the sky. "Is this my destiny? To slay the murderer of Mundus?" He asked... God? Percy laughed.

"Please, as if a bottom feeder like you could kill me. Dreams are nice. Delusions on the other hand..." Percy trailed off. The demon hefted his sword and thrust it at Percy, who did the same. Their blades met with a shockwave, each holding the other off by just the tips. "Tell me, what's you name?" Percy asked. "Hmm, I am Berial. Lord of the Fire Hell. Now tell me, what is the name of my claim to glory." Percy smirked. "What's the point in telling my you my name? You're already dead." Berial growled in anger as Percy jumped away.

With a mighty, earth shaking roar a fiery shockwave burst from his person, destroying the houses and singing Percy's coat. He didn't even bat an eye, just used his powers to repair it. Normally, Percy would use his guns first thing, but no. Not this time. It's been a while since he's gotten up and close with a demon this strong. Percy rushed forward and dodged an eruption of flames by rolling to the side.

This didn't stop his momentum and he jumped at the demon, burying his sword into Berial's shoulder. The demon roared in anger and pain before using its flame powers to knock Percy off. Percy landed a few feet away in a roll then skidding an extra few feet. He smiled as Berial jumped in the air and brought his giant sword down in a overhead. Percy rolled away and jumped up to a ledge. He held out his hand and Rebellion came flying back to his hand.

He snatched it out if the air and jumped right back into the fight. Dodging a swipe of Berial's giant sword that was really just a giant hunk of hot rock that was shaped to resemble a sword. Berial swiped at Percy again and this time, he didn't dodge or roll. He simply blocked the attack, making a loud clang noise. Percy pushed the sword away and jumped up to Berial's face. With a quick slash, the demon was sent reeling as his cheek was sliced open.

Percy smiled, listening to the music of the pain and rage filled cries of Berial. Percy activated his Devil Trigger, his skin and clothes burning away to reveal a black and red demonic entity with short wings. He flapped his wings and propelled himself forward. Berial recovered from his pain and roared at Percy sending a torrent of bright orange flames at him. Percy just smirked and went straight through the flames. Rebellion was stabbed through through the nape of the demon's neck, having been shoved into gaping maw of the Fire Lord.

Berial's flames stopped on a dime and the fiery glow his body held dimmed until they were nothing, but lines of molten rock. Berial dropped his blade as his body went limp.

"Oh, no you don't." Percy said and used his umbrakinetic powers. His hand was surrounded by shadows and Berial's shadow was pulled from his body. It was absorbed into Percy's shadow hand. "Can't wait to see what you look like." He muttered. Percy them looked at the hell gate. A ball of light floated there, right where the activation sensor was. He held out his hand, calling the devil arm to him.

The ball of light flew into his open hand and burst, blinding him and anyone that would've been in that area for a short period of time. Once the light died down, on Percy's back was a metallic backpack that takes the form of an insectoid skull with two mandibles that hold three swords on each one. Percy pulled out one of the swords, showing that it has a glow of red demonic energy. Percy smiled.

(I can't explain what he did so let me show you. It's too good for words)