sᴇᴠᴇɴ ʏᴇᴀʀs, ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ

JAPAN, 19TH CENTURY

The Hamato family are well known for a variety of reasons, a family of mutants that live in the Shikoku island of Japan. They make their wealth in luxurious items such as tobacco, indigo and spices. While they are mainly known for their wealth and status, those that have the pleasure of knowing them personally will note the kindness the Hamato Family displays. They live within a prospering village, inhabited by the employees and their families, all who work in the farms and Hamato palace.

Isolated from the outside world on their island, the Hamatos rarely travel outside of Shikoku. Those who wish to trade with them personally must come to them— not something of much consequence, as Shikoku is a lush island of greenery and beautiful landscapes, and the Hamato home is lavish and rich...

This is the debrief Omorfiá is given during the journey to the Hamato village, along with a warning to be cautious, to never let down her guard.

Omorfiá travels with a handful of other girls, all tethered to the leash of the great and feared Shredder. She's dressed better than normal— in a traditional, albeit plain kimono. She dislikes the layers of clothes, the robes with the long sleeves and layered skirts. Her hair is styled plainly as well, tied back in a hasty fashion. She doesn't accompany Shredder to look nice, however.

Oroku Saki is a samurai, known by most as The Shredder. He is a weapon for hire, but hasn't picked up the blade in some time. Instead, he has trained unseen agents to carry out contracts, those that are hardly noticed with an unrecognized talent for stealth; women.

The samurai had cleverly recognized the talent some women possess by moving through the world unseen, and took those he deemed to have potential to be trained and for this skill to be honed. He has a slowly growing arsenal of lethal weapons in the form of innocent females.

Shredder never travels without a handful of his assassins with him, in case he comes across envious competition, customers unhappy with their purchased service, or just to boast the perceived image of The Shredder having so many women at his disposal.

The Shredder rides on horseback, leading the others astride a tall black horse. He's clothed in a kimono, boasting the finest fabrics and most intricate stitchings in his robes. His sword hangs at his hip, a hand always lingering by it. Omorfiá is adjacent to him— not because she is worthy of riding alongside the dreaded Samurai, but because she possesses an unbreakable spirit that has taught The Shredder to keep a close eye on her.

The journey through the countryside is long and exhausting, even more so for the girls accompanying the Samurai, who must remain vigilant and on guard throughout the night while he sleeps. None dare to strike while he rests— stories and past attempts have made them fearful of him day or night.

Omorfiá had little interest in the reason for this trip or the destination, and even as they rise over the final hill, overlooking the vast, lush and green estate of the Hamatos circled by a quaint and thriving village, Omorfiá holds no joy for the sight.

With a sharp tug on the collection of reins held in his armored hand, Shredder brings the caravan forward, climbing down the rocky mountain path upon their horses. The six are soundless as they descend down the mountain— the girls are trained to not speak unless spoken to.

They cross over a bridge, walled with red-stained wood and carved into various patterns. The horses' footsteps thump on the darkened wood.

Omorfiá allows her eyes to roam, darkened and weary with years of exhaustion. Unlike the other girls, despite being in Shredder's hold for far longer than them, a spark of life and fiery resilience remains in her gaze; a spark Shredder has forever attempted to quench.