🌠 Chapter Three 🌠

Leaving the St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries as the sun appeared over the horizon, Melantha knew that her day was far from over. She needed to rush to the Ministry so she could attend the morning appeal trial requested by Mr. Goyle, someone who had been sentenced to Azkaban. It was always Melantha who overlooked the appeals when they came from Death Eaters assigned to life in prison. The Chief Warlock attended and approved the decision afterward.

It was a fairly standard trial where Melantha had to listen to the nonsensical argument for why Goyle didn't deserve to spend life in prison – and by the time she had finished her own statement and reached the conclusion that the she would be rejecting the appeal and sending him right back to Azkaban, the entire courtroom was ringing with loud threats –

"If you think you'll be safe throwing everyone in the prison then you're sourly mistaken!

You'll regret this, Washington! Do you think you'll be safe hiding behind that desk?You better sleep with one eye open from now!"

"Okay, that's enough," Melantha responded, annoyed as she smacked the gavel down to extend a silence onto the man's cursing. "The more you speak, the harder it is going to be on your family. I'm going to hold in contempt of court and you will be fined one-thousand Galleons,"

Melantha remained sitting in her chair as she watched Goyle be dragged away by the security. She nodded at the members of Wizengamot as they also got up to leave the chamber. She let it empty out before she stood up to follow as well.

"Hey, Melantha," Penelope Clearwater said when the younger woman stepped out of the chamber. She looked toward the ex-Ravenclaw with all attention. "You need to be careful; you know that?"

"Careful of what?" Melantha muttered as the two of them headed down the dark corridors of the dungeon. "Those threats? There's nothing to be worried about – I'm careful with myself, and my family,"

Parting away from Penelope, Melantha headed toward her office to get ready for the next long list of trials that needed to be looked over before she was free to head home. She pulled her pocket watch out from the pocket of her plum-coloured robe.

12:42 PM

There was still time until the next one, and there was still a lot of time before she would be done for the day. She starting to feel tired after staying up all night long and having to deal with Draco Malfoy of all people in the world. She couldn't wait for the night to come by so she could go to sleep.

It wasn't until the sun was starting to set that Melantha left the Ministry of Magic. She stopped by the Diagon Alley to pick up her parcels from the Owl Post, then a stack of files from St. Mungo's, and finally, she got the chance to pick some apology treats for the children.

Chocolate Cauldrons as an apology to Kieran.

Demiguise Melting Pops as an apology to Teddy.Strawberry Mousse Chocoballs as gratitude to Harry & Ginny.
Basket of Honeydukes' Best Chocolates as an apology & gratitude to Mrs. Tonks.

Melantha left the Honeydukes' branch with some time to spare and headed to Mrs. Tonks' home by Apparating from the Visitors' Corner. Ever since Mr. Tonks, Dora and Uncle Remus had passed away, Melantha had taken over to taking care of Mrs. Tonks as the two females were the only ones left of their families – and with two young children to care for, too.

"Good evening, Mrs, Tonks," Melantha greeted the moment the front door to the house opened. "I was hoping to come by and apologise for what happened yesterday..."