🌠 Chapter Seven 🌠

Melantha and Draco stepped out of the Werewolf Lycanthropy Centre and Draco watched in curiosity as she turned around to make sure that she locked the door well behind her. When she straightened back up, he gave her an inquiring look at her actions. Melantha glanced around their surroundings and then sighed softly.

"This is a research centre," Melantha told him. "It hosts a lot of sensitive material that shouldn't be left wide open," Draco still stared at her and she sighed. "Didn't I just made you sign contracts? Well, no one outside our office is going adhere to that. The last volunteer, unfortunately, got exposed for his lycanthropy..."

"What?" Draco asked as he hurriedly followed Melantha as they walked down the corridor to where the rest of the centre were. "He was exposed? Who exposed him?"

"We don't know," Melantha replied tensely. "But I will find that out once I meet him again – until then, I will make sure that it won't happen again,"

"How do you even hide a volunteer?" Draco questioned. "Won't people figure out when they visit on the full moon anyway? Pretty obvious if you ask me,"

"Firstly, physical research is not always kept inside offices," Melantha told him. "Secondly, there can be disguises," She glanced at him. "And lastly, the volunteer is often hired under one or another title that keeps their visitations rather reasonable,"

"Right, makes sense," Draco said, nodding along. "So, uh... where are we going?" He watched as Melantha suddenly put back her professional voice.

"As you know, this is the Department of Care for Magical Creatures," Melantha informed. "There are several centres and wards here to care for them, as the name suggests. On this floor, we provide care for Goblins, Centaurs, Merpeople, Elves, Vampires, Veelas, Hags and all other individuals that can be counted as sentient and provide them the best care we can.

"The busiest places, of course, you will find are the Vampires, Hags, Elves and Goblins while the least frequented are Merpeople and Centaurs. Of course, you can understand that they are not big fans of humans but some groups are willing to give a chance.

"Ever since the last War, there have been many cases of Vampires and Lycanthropy reported due to the malicious individuals taking the opportunity to inflict it on others. House-elves are regular due to the harm they went through under their owners, whether that be mental trauma or long-term problems that hinder their day-to-day life,"

Draco shifted uncomfortably but Melantha was not looking toward him.

"Uh... where do people with Lycanthropy go?" Draco asked.

"They come to our centre, of course," Melantha told him. "We provide them with first-hand care, rehabilitate them, help them come to terms with their new condition and use our donations on potions like Wolfsbane Potion to help them monthly,"

"That makes sense," Draco agreed.

"So, as I was saying, as for the Goblins," Melantha went on. "They're only interested in the services because of ample number of specialised offers for them. And because of it, they not only come around here but some of them also impose themselves as employees in the Goblin Care,"

And true to what Melantha had said, as they neared the Goblin Care, Draco caught sight of several goblins working away at the book-keeping and front desk.

Melantha had hoped that they wouldn't have to meet Damien Sutherland, too, but it was also inevitable for Draco to be introduced to him so she glanced around to see where he was – catching sight of him stand up from his desk when he noticed them.

It was true that Sutherland had been rather tall but he looked even taller when walking through the goblins to meet them outside the Goblin Care Ward.

"Good morning, Melantha," Damien said smoothly as he reached them, taking off his reading glasses, putting them into his pocket and running a hand through his hair. "Is there something I can be of service to you?"