Six.

Don't be silent readers guys. We put together this super long chapter to make up for the time between updates, so please vote and comment. ❤️

Dave

"Cliff, I'm sick of your son, I don't know why he dragged me over here. I'm moving the fuck out of his house, and he'll never see me."

Kellie was smoking crack if she thought she was leaving this relationship, not when she's been the main one starting all this shit between us lately.

"Yeah? Nobody will fucking see you again, keep fucking playing with me, Kellie." I threatened.

My dad sighed, "I'm just going to pretend I ain't even hear that." he shook his head. "My one free day and y'all wanna come bring this drama to my door? Your mama and big mama took the girls shopping, I'm thinking I got the day to myself to watch me some stories, maybe smoke a blunt or two, but here go you two wide-headed bastards disrupting my peace in my home with this arguing! Why?" he asked, leaning on the fireplace awaiting an answer.

I pondered long and hard about bringing Cliff into our problems, besides my brothers, my dad was my go-to person. I vented to him about certain moves I wanted to make in life because although he didn't take shit seriously, he had a good point here and there.
I guess us coming here was my last-ditch effort for my relationship. Especially because I felt like Kellie would listen to him. From day one he's treated her like his fourth daughter. He's never been interested in any of the girls Sage and I brought home. Chance never brought a girl home, so there was never a girl for Cliff to ignore.
Kellie, though? He called her "sweet pea" from the moment they met.

Mind you, this is the same man that calls his actual kids everything but children of God. Apparently, "sweet pea" was what her father calls her, so she and he hit it off instantly.

"Talk to her, Cliff." I sucked my teeth.

"First of all, you both are disrespecting me right now. Call me 'Cliff' again, and I'm shooting. I'm y'all fucking dad, play with me if you want to," he said. "And second of all, somebody better tell me something because this is all starting to feel like a waste of time."

"Okay... I'll go first," I said. "Kellie is always talking about "my dad this, my mom that", how do you want me to marry you when I've never met your dad or mom before? I don't know if I have his blessings to marry his daughter. You're full of shit! This whole relationship I never lied to you about nothing. I've always kept it a hundred with you, but why does it feel like I was never extended that same grace? Yo-"

"I DON'T HAVE FUCKING PARENTS, DAVE!" she yelled, cutting me off, "Why do you think you just met my sister?" she questioned.

Thinking back to meeting Kaia made me hot all over again. A couple of months ago, Kellie just sprung on me that she had sisters that were moving to Atlanta. I had kept that news to myself because why wouldn't she tell me about heir siblings before? Why is this information being sprung on me in the days that I'm thinking about marrying her and having kids?

My dad's unreadable expression turned to one full of interest, "Sister?" he questions.

"Yeah pops a sister named Kaia that I met literally yesterday. Insane, right?"

"Oh yeah... without a doubt ..." he said in an absent-minded tone.

"I'm protective of my family!"

"You've met every single person that's important to me!" I said through gritted teeth.

"Now you're telling me you don't have parents? What else have you lied about?" I questioned.

"That's not necessary, David." my dad said in a warning tone.