Prologue

TRAUMA IS A WORD THAT people take lightly. Trauma is a word used in an unserious situation when it's used by people who do not understand the true feeling of trauma. They don't comprehend the true horror you go through, the true terror you feel by things as simple as rain colliding on the ground. They can't even comprehend the fight there is when overcoming the trauma that lies. Nobody can even begin to understand the blame I put on myself for-

The sound of an alarm echo's. The girl who once spoke would look down and over at the phone that it blared from, a hand pausing the chime. She'd look back up, finally a tear fell off the girls jaw, her face remaining still, not a single emotion becoming readable other than the exposed tear.

"That session was not as good as others, I hope you'll do better with your next therapist when you move." The lady whose phone chimed would take her binder and her phone, walking out of the small room. The girl who was once crying now had a dry face, still no emotions being read.

- - -

HELLO, I'M MICHELLE IT'S SO LOVELY TO MEET YOU.

The teenage girl would look at the women, her face stone cold. The older women's hand would be held out, the girl would switch her gaze between the hand and the women, finally looking away. Awkwardly pulling her hand away, the women would mumble a enthusiastic okay.

"Please call me Michelle, it sounds more homey, and I want that to be the environment feeling for these sessions, Hazel is it?" She'd give a sweet smile, waiting patiently while sitting.

"You already know that that's my name, now we can just sit quietly and avoid talking, you get paid either way." Hazel's voice would come out in one tone. The tone that she did not give a fuck and that she would rather be anywhere else. The corner of the ladies mouth would tighten, an eyebrow raised.

"Alright, well can I at least ask if one of the reasons you're struggling is because you moved?" Hazel wouldn't make any movement, not of her eyes, or any part of her body. She'd be staring outside and to the clock once in awhile. Michelle would do her tight made movement with her mouth again.

"I'll leave the room, I assume you would like to be alone right now, so I'll give that to you." She'd give Hazel a smile, she'd leave her binder in the room and exit. The clicking of the clock would move throughout the room, Hazel would still be sitting, frozen. It all would continue as such until Hazel finally looked at the binder. Assuming the lady forgot it and that it has information on Hazel, she'd quickly and smoothly grab it, carefully opening it. In her vision there would only be lined paper, but with some words.

        I know that you're a musically talented girl, and I know you get it from your parents. Your therapy doesn't have to be in my room, it can also be on some paper in music form. I hope that you could try it if you haven't already. And if you are comfortable enough, I would love to hear the song you create. And before you think it, it's not to get information out of you to help you. You're an artist in music form, and I would love to see what you create.

At the bottom of the note was a fancy signature that would read Michelle. The girl was confused on how she never thought about writing out her feelings, all she was sure of was that nobody, not even Michelle and her parents were going to read what she wrote. But that doesn't mean people that don't know her, and people who she doesn't know, won't hear it.

- - -

a/n; HELLO!! this is a new story that i am VERY excited about!!! i hope i can portray everything that i write within this story correctly. if something seems off, my DM's are open to those who wish to help me in adjusting certain things to portray certain things as well as i can!

w.c; 710

published; September 7th, 2022

edited; ☑️